Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Project Simplicity

Default Project Simplicity

O, so I'm going to be starting my 1st mod soon, "Simplicity". It's going to be a red and matt black theme, and those colours only, with smooth and flowing curves to help disguise the Box that it basically is. I've done a Sketchup Drawing, it's unfinished, i need to put a few more fans in, as well as some feet, but you can probably get the idea of what it is (hopefully) going to look like.

The Case is going to be (mostly) built from scratch, using only aluminium and clear red plexi, but I'm obviously going to hack the mobo tray from an old case.

I'm not going to be watercooling it, because it's a bit too pricy and risky for my 1st case. I'm going to build the case first, then put in all of the components (hopefully I'll have some money by then) and it's not going to be an awesome PC on the budget I've got, so I was hoping that you could help here. I think I'll have around £450 - £500 to spend, so, what should i get? I want to use it for gaming eventually, but I need to get the balance right. A SLI enabled mobo and graphics card and a decent amount of RAM. So I was hoping that some of you could hunt around for me as I'm really busy at school and things. Thanks.

//btw that little "Grab" button on the top left of the last picture is a screen grabbing program I use, it's called ZapGrab and it's great for only slecting a certain area instead of sing PrintScreen\\

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Project Simplicity

OOEH!!! Will be following this good luck!

D'Oh

Project looks nice Sketch is cool, lines are very good. I can imagine it now, and it looks good.

But what is the thing in the front? On the fan? Looks interesting, but could harm the flow if it resembles the pic..

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Looks cool dude. I like the theme and all... when I mod my case, it'll just be a few little things. Dang college, lol.

Sexy Hot Nurse ..... NOT!! b4i7's Avatar

i like the look of that....some of your designs may influence a future mod of mine

Quote Originally Posted by intergalacticman View Post
    stunning, how does one tap a hole?

Quote Originally Posted by dgrmkrp View Post
    But what is the thing in the front? On the fan? Looks interesting, but could harm the flow if it resembles the pic..
    Over the fan's and that top air intake part I'll be putting a wire mesh, I didn't do it sketchup because
    it's a little to much work but then again I still need to do a few tweaks with the plan. Currently I have 4 fans blowing inwards (1x120mm on front, 3x80mm on top, one of which is into the PSU. I only have one exhaust fan at the moment, but that will be inside the PSU, but i need to sort out a few more. probable 3x80mm on the bottom and 1 80mm on the back (or perhaps I'll try to squeeze in a 120mm fan. If I can't fit the fan on the back Ii'll simply out a fan on the window side near the rear. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    It's got potential to being a very noisy case, but that's a price I'm willing to pay until I'm 100% confident with it.
    Anyway, I'm off to buy a soldering iron.

UPDATE
    I've been busy tweaking the design, and I know someone has access to some machinery that can mill (i think that's the word) the aluminium to the exact shape, and i'll do that and do the bending. He said that it can be done pretty easily in a few hours... and for free! so expect some actual work to be done within the next couple of weeks, plus or minus a couple of days. Keep your patience :

Final Design

After quite a while of fiddling with the design, I've finally got this:

I haven't done anything for the back yet, but i'll just do that as it comes, because I haven't got a mobo just yet. Expect to see some actual work soon. And if you can see any possible improvements, don't hesitate to tell me.

Thanks,
    Blebbz

**Edit**
    As I'm really strapped for cash at the moment, if you spot a great deal, don't hesitate to tell me about that either (i'm really strapped for cash) :p

That a damn cool design. i especially like the plexi curving along the top. Please dont change that. PLEASE!!!!

Sorry I just think that would be awesome.

Click here for the Battlefield 2 L.A.N. Pc worklog.

Is the case going to be placed on a desk? If not I probably wouldn't recommend the 3 case fans on the bottom or you will be sucking up insane amounts of dust, no matter how clean you think your carpet is.