23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good Idea

12 52.17%
  • Mixed Feelings

11 47.83%
  • Bad Idea

0 0%
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Into the unknown I go... (with pictures!)

D'Oh

Default Re: Into the unknown I go... (with pictures!)

ok.. you asked for it but i was thinking this case as a clear one tho.. my idea is to use pieces of acrylic perpendicular to the sides, to strenghten the hell out of the structure.. kinda like ...mm... mashies "3"themed case.. the lighting is so nice there.. but instead of thinking about aesthetics and theme, study the resistance of the sctructure scrap work and myth buster testing are my suggestion
    if u are painting the case.. then my advice stands only for added strenght, but this could be achieved with metal, screws and other things that can be hidden in the plastic/paintjob.. so, back to you

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

I think what he means is to make cross bracing to help support the case. They could be glued flat on the surface and when painted over would either look very cool or hide so you can hardly see em.

Translation ok dgrmkr?
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.

MitaPi

Okay, how bout this paint scheme? What do you guys think?

EDITED for all you dial up users ^_^ Your welcome!

Hmmm, Cant remember what it is called but the name will stick out about 3/16th's.

Oh duh, I almost forgot. I'll have lots of left over acrylic for support and strength and that kind of stuff. It's not to worry about right now so let your mind be at ease. ^_^

The white/red is meh...okay, I personally really liked the Red/Black design a page back, but, whatever flies your plane.

Life is like an analogy...

i like that black and red as well. good combo.

as for strength... i dont think you need to do any sort of bracing. its a case... it will probably be an insignificant weight, and will only have to carry a few pounds of electronics. it will definitely stand up under its own weight and strength. i wouldnt worry about it.

oh, and i think ive got a good name for this. it is.... Terabuilt. sounds cool to me, and best of all... it was made up by my random word generating spree.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

+1 vote for Terabuilt

Nice case I have't been on in a few days. But boy was I supprised when I saw this. Good to see your gonna do a mod Mita. I'm starting mine when these bloody parts I have ordered arrive.

I like the design of it sperating out all the bits and having them conected with tunnels. That thing looks pretty big though.

What would be cool is if one of the boxes was full of water and it was the resviour for a water cooling setup. But eveything in the case seems to have its place.

The white and red with the balck in between looks good.

You are gonna have to make the pipes that hold it up sturdy.

What would be cool is if the top box for the two optical drives was on a swivel so you could turn it 180 degrees from left to centre to right.
    Need a sig

D'Oh

Not entirely sure what you are saying... not your fault its mine. It's way past my bed time ^_^

Could you give me a link or some pictures or something to explain what you mean?
    http://www.mashie.org/casemods/301.html
    I think what he means is to make cross bracing to help support the case. They could be glued flat on the surface and when painted over would either look very cool or hide so you can hardly see em.

Translation ok dgrmkr?
    yeah, kinda what i was talking.. just think of the lighting possibilities and the effects you can get anyways, if the case is painted.. they would be hidden

i'll post a pic of virtual scraps
    .. a mobo holder?! i don know..

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

MitaPi

Okay, so I was originally going to assemble the case using corner acrylic pieces and Weld-On them together. But then I slapped myself a few times and came up with this instead. This is the right way to do it right? For joining the acrylic together that is.

Small picture but its two sheets of acrylic cut at 90 degrees and fused together with weld-on.

Also can someone link me to some good acrylic paint to use. I know you have to get a special kind but I dont know what brand is the best or what kind it is that I need to get.

Hmmm, what else... Can you buy acrylic mobo trays, 5.25 drive bays, and anything else I might need? Or am I going to have to make most of that myself? Can you give me a link to a tutorial or give me some advice at the very least?

Untill Next Post,
    MitaPi

EDIT:

I think I might use Krylon Fusion... Is that the stuff you use with acrylic?

why dont you put in clear plexi (no color) and light everything on the inside with leds of ccfls? that way you can even build in two or even more colors and switch them any time you want...

just an idea, if it sounds stupid , ignore me

[edit] if you do this, you can also choose to have half the case one color and the other parts an other color...

Overclocked

I think it's very original but my suggestion would be to find a theme to use for the windows rather than just an oddly shaped triangle. Then again that's just my opinion. Quite like the case design though.