Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This cheers me up.. Dupont Registry

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Default Re: This cheers me up.. Dupont Registry

Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    yeah, those are real pretty too. Seen a couple of them around where I live over the last few years, although I don't know if they were real Cobras or replicas.
    You'd have to be nuts or incredibly rich.... filthy rich at that to take a genuine cobra out on the public roads lol

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    You'd have to be nuts or incredibly rich.... filthy rich at that to take a genuine cobra out on the public roads lol
    Hell that's what they're made for. At last years Optima Battery shootout after the SEMA show one of the competitors was a 1 owner heavily modified Cobra. The guy say he drives it regulary. The WORST thing you can do to a car (besides wrecking it) is just leting it sit.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

woy...collokweee...weeble weeble blaaaat artoodeeto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    I'd say the same thing about Veyron and Enzo owners, and I've seen a few of those out on public roads here too.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevateThis View Post
    I'd mod my dog if i could.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    (Steam me.... that sounds bad >_<)

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by msmrx57 View Post
    Hell that's what they're made for. At last years Optima Battery shootout after the SEMA show one of the competitors was a 1 owner heavily modified Cobra. The guy say he drives it regularly. The WORST thing you can do to a car (besides wrecking it) is just letting it sit.
    I couldn't agree more. I've never understood people who pay hundreds of thousands or millions (Veyron) of dollars on a car and then leave it in their garage or a showroom or something. Cars are made to be driven!

As for super-rich, well, yeah, if you can afford to buy a Veyron or an Enzo and keep it insured, that's kinda a given. It's a good analogy to a guy I saw recently on a Modern Marvels thing about collections. In this case, the largest private airplane collection in the world (all but a few of which can actually fly! and do!). When asked about how much it costs to keep them all running, he said something along the lines of "If you have to worry about that, you can't afford to buy them anyway."

The problem is when people get these expensive cars just as a status symbol and don't really care about them.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV