Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what are you reading?

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Default Re: what are you reading?

Mike Myer's All In One CompTIA Network+ Exam Guide.

And for fun, I just started the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. Again.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

I just read The Kite Runner, and now I'm starting a Thousand Splendid Suns. Kite runner was very interesting and nothing like the movie, although the movie was still good. I plan to re-read The Road before I see the movie.

For geek books, I'm reading "Practical Electronics For Inventors" which is a little advanced for me right now I have to sometimes read the same thing about 6 times. I'm also about to read the book I plan to buy off of Datech, and a book called "Relays to ROM."

Just got this for xmas and have not started it yet;

How to raise the Perfect Dog by Cesar Milan.

I think the wife is hinting...
    I don't know your current situation, whether you just bought a dog, or she wants you to buy one but you must know something. Dogs are amazing, no matter what breed. They definitely have a sense to tell what mood you are in because whenever mad or sad they know exactly what to do.

Also dogs are probably the best stress relievers, they always want to be loved and patted. They are a pain in the ass to train they are totally worth it. Lastly, they know how to deal with one person from another; they know to be gentle around the elder, and playful around the younger.
    It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

The Total Money Makeover - Dave Ramsey

I came, I saw, I conquered killergamer's Avatar

I'm on book 6 of the sword of truth series and I agree its kind of slow in areas but the amount of pure awesome that is in those books is amazing. Zephik and I have almost the exact same reading habit it seems. But at this moment I have Faith Of The Fallen (The Sword of Truth book), The American Sign Language, And all my Brit. Lit. school reading that is pretty much killing all my time for reading.
    [Kayin] 7:38 pm: Actually, during a hostile takeover, Satan's left nut and all his crabs beat Satan at the board meeting (he didn't know that his crabs held stock)
    and so we're owned by a conglomerate of pubic lice and the left testicle of the Prince of the Powers of the Air.

Fresh Paint

well ive got a good commute to work everyday so i listen to my books but currently im listening to lucifer's hammer by Larry Niven & Jerry Pournelle

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3pcon View Post
    well ive got a good commute to work everyday so i listen to my books but currently im listening to lucifer's hammer by Larry Niven & Jerry Pournelle
    I hadn't heard of that one before; wikipedia description sounds interesting, I'll have to find it. Niven is one of my all time favorite authors, and he's done some great work with Pournelle.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Fresh Paint

im only a couple of capters into it but it is really good so far.

I own that one, need to give it a good dusting.

Currently doing research reading for my story, people should give me some feedback...
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    I hadn't heard of that one before; wikipedia description sounds interesting, I'll have to find it. Niven is one of my all time favorite authors, and he's done some great work with Pournelle.
    Oh my GOD, a Niven fan that hasn't read Lucifer's Hammer. Wow. Read it. Now. Stop reading this and go out and get it. If you can't afford it, steal it. (No, not really.) It's an awesome book, some of his best work. I still like The Integral Trees better, that's my favorite of his, but it's followed closely by Lucifer's Hammer and Footfall.

I am currently reading The DaVinci Code again, and just finished the 7-book series War of the Spider Queen for the third time. I need some new books.

For fantasy I love anything by RA Salvatore, and plan to get the Transitions books next.

For sci-fi I'm a huge Niven and Heinlein fan.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Sacrificing Unto Sebek KiLLERMAN21's Avatar

Currently reading The Bourne Identity and EAGERLY awaiting the new Reacher book.

A while ago i went through three and a half books in the Reacher series in about three weeks, which i was quite proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    I tape my wallet to my cat.