Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hot Rod Mice

Default Re: Hot Rod Mice

cause theres something like copyright? iam not shure about that but you maybe have to contact the company who made the products and ask if you are allowed to use their brand when selling the modified products.
    better check on legal stuff bevore getting sued!

Quote Originally Posted by derbaum View Post
    cause theres something like copyright? iam not shure about that but you maybe have to contact the company who made the products and ask if you are allowed to use their brand when selling the modified products.
    better check on legal stuff bevore getting sued!
    I don't think there would be any problem selling modded mice. It's like the same idea as taking something to a second hand store. They are selling other company's goods for their own profit.

It would be another thing if he STOLE the mice, THEN sold them. That would be against the law, but not for copyright issues.

I guess the best way I can make this a copyright issue would be if he took the mouse, painted it, then sold it as his own product, not saying "This is a Microsoft XXXSSG mouse painted blah blah...". If it is said that it is a Microsoft or Logitech or whatever mouse, it should be fine.
    RIP Bucko

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by xmastree View Post
    Why should there be any legal issues?

BTW, great work. With I had an airbrush, although I doubt I could be anywhere near as good as that so I'll stick to what I'm good at...
    Not saying there would be but I tend to be hugely ignorant of legal issues so I tend to ask those questions first rather than saying ooops.

I know if I paint Disney characters on mice without Disneys permission they can shut me down, what I didn't know is if there was any problem with the mouse itself.

Strip it, paint it, and love on it... Commando's Avatar

Great question.

No, there is nothing wrong with selling a modded product. You just can't sell it as the original or claim it to be the original. Also the modder voids the original warranty therefore if the modder wants to offer a warranty they have to pay out of pocket for the replacement.

Also, your thinking of trademarks. I can't start selling mice that have a picture of Disney character on them for example without permission from Disney. You can do this, however to get permission would probably cost something crazy which I don't have an interest in.

Now, I have no interest in stepping on the feet of this website's owner who mods for a living and let's us all hang out here. That's why I wouldn't and won't advertise services here. I, just like a bunch of others here, of course do freelance work of all types.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Gaming Console Modder Mitternacht's Avatar

That first one is amazing. I've GOT to do that to my wireless mouse at work! lol I'd be the talk of the office if I could airbrush like that. +rep

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky
    I never like get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.