Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem booting up my new comp.

Default Problem booting up my new comp.

I just got done building my new comp and everytime i try and boot up the comp turns on and all the fans and stuff turn on. but then when i look at my monitor it says no signal. i tried both dvi connectors and two dvi cables and nothing.

any idea on whats wrong?? or how i can fix this.

Thanks
    ~noto

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Problem booting up my new comp.

Had a similar problem back a long and all it was i fitted the memory in the wrong way. Real stoopid lol hope u work out your prob soon mate can't really help. Gary

my memory that i have now has leds on the top that go from like green to red and they all turn on when i turn on the comp but then after a while they start to flicker.. im pretty sure there in the right way. im pretty sure their in the right way. i have 2 1 gb sticks of ram and i put them both in the blue slots...

ive checked everything and still have no idea...
    ~noto

I am sure you have a 4 mollex cable which is not plugged into your motherboard, it should be 4 mollex plugged to the motherboard and the other end should be 6 mollex into the power pack I think.

whats a power pack?? sry im a noob this is my first computer that im building

i have 3 things plugged into my motherboard(asus A8N-32 deluxe) i have this one plug with 4 connetors and the connectors are in a square(atx 12 v. then i have another connector with the 4 connectors in a line the mobo manual calls it a ez plug... and then i plugged in this EATXPWR plug...

i think that my problem is this EZ plug thing. im pretty sure this is just a dumb mistake. the problem is tho that i have no one who lives near me who can show me. and i dont want to take it to geek squad cause thats lame and they'll charge me like 300 dollars to rearrange some plugs..

i thought that maybe i screwed up when i installed the video card so i did it again but when i turn on the computer the fan on the video card starts to spin so...

~noto

Power pack? Isn't that kind of obvious? It's the box at the pack which provides your computer with electricity. I have nearly the same mobo as you (A8N-SLI). You should have 3 cables plugged into your mobo, the ATX 12 V one, the big one with loads of pins and one just above the video card. Did you read the manual?

Quote Originally Posted by zitwep10
    it should be 4 mollex plugged to the motherboard and the other end should be 6 mollex into the power pack I think.
    i did read the manual and i had 3 plugs into my motherboard. what do you mean the other end should be 6 mollex into the power pack??

and the green led at the bottom of the motherboard is on.

Doesn't mean anything, I had the same problem and nothing would pop up on the screen but there was the green LED. What I forgot was the 12 Volt ATX cable. What brand and model is your powerpack?

silverstone strider 560watt powersupply

Dude...totally!

in all my years of computer building, i have never heard the PSU refered to as a "power pack" i think that zitwep is making a lot of assumtions. i think what he failed to mention was that a 4 molex and a 6 molex plugs that he refers to are actually making referance to how many pins each has. its true that you have a 4 pin molex connector that needs to be plugged in, wether or not it plugs into your power supply by a 6 pin version similar to that used to power a pci-e video card depends on if your power supply is modular and if it is , it might now even use that sort of plug. either way, first thing you need to do is make sure your 24pin power cable is conencted securely, same goes for the 12v plug located behind the ps/2 ports(mouse/keyboard port) and the third should be a 4 pin molex that you would normally see plugged into such things as a cd-rom. if all those are conencted, i would begin checking to make sure everything is set in its slot properly(i.e. video card, sound card, etc.)