Thread: new to modding

Default new to modding

hi, im very new to the modding arena. lets say i have wanted to mod, but its been beyond my grasp. i would love to start, but to be honest, i have no clue how to start, or even where to begin. if any one wants to point me in a direction, im all for it. also you can contact me via xfire. i have a tone of ideas.. but no idea how to start theme lol. i guess i blabbed to much. so reply, im just confused right now lol.

ATX Mental Case theshoeshineman's Avatar

Default Re: new to modding

Ask yourself

Do you want to build a case from scratch or mod an existing computer?

If you want to build a case from scratch what bits and pieces do you have at the moment that you can use.

What would it be made out of? Metal, wood or plastic?

Find some existing mods that use the same material or are built in a similar shape or style and read through what they used and how they did it.

After you know the material and how they did it, are you able to do the same? What do you need to buy to acomplish it?
    Visit my website: http://djcassar.com
    Scratch build: The Cube
    Sure we would all love "real friends", but honestly whats the chances of that happening?

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

If you need any random materials, feel free to send me a pm, and we can work something out.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

browse the site for idea's,

do you wish to do a scratchbuild, mod existing hardware, or do a software mod (pm me if you want help on this)

do you have an idea of where you want to go with it, or an indea on which to base it.

also, i know it sounds cruel, but don't set your targets too high, and expect a few things to go majorly wrong

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!