I am extremly glad tbcs has my back.
    i really appreciate it guys
    Sarcasm, I see.

To address this point:

Quote Originally Posted by armadilloben View Post
    i was wondering what you guys think i should do
    thanks
    -ben

I essentially said "don't care about it". Why? Because I've found that to be the most effective solution. Interpret it how you will (admittedly I could have worded that other post a bit better but I stand by my words), but it all boils down to it will only bother you if you let it. Don't let it.

What did you want us to do? Go on a crusade and try and take these people down just because they're dicks? We're not that kind of community. We're there for each other in a much better way than that. We don't take action often, but I'll be damned if I haven't seen some of the world's best advice here on TBCS.

And just so you don't get confused, I am saying this is Michael B, Omega, A TBCS Member, not Omega, A TBCS Moderator.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

I got rid of my floppy disks Xpirate's Avatar

Default Re: frustrated

Quote Originally Posted by SgtM View Post
    I don't understand how people can NOT know the difference between their, there, they're, our, are, and hour, and to, too, and two.. I could go on.
    I have seen highly paid engineers use "your" for "you're" as well as some of the others you just wrote. An engineer, no matter what kind, should have solid English skills so he/she can communicate effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpirate View Post
    I have seen highly paid engineers use "your" for "you're" as well as some of the others you just wrote. An engineer, no matter what kind, should have solid English skills so he/she can communicate effectively.
    I have seen the same or similar bad grammar. Even big sports teams marketing folks screw up. For instance;

At the San Jose Sharks Teal and White game (An open to season ticket holders team scrimmage)a couple of weeks ago, they gave away t-shirts with the following phrase: "Who's side are you on?".

Total embarrassment...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Just made one of my mods a video response to yours
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

I totally believe that in the internet and texting age, people are getting lazy. I had a whole converstaion with my 12 yr old about using "abbreviations" like ur b4 and such. I told her if I catch her using that in chat/texts, those privledges go away for a while. When she protested, I told her to go to school the next day and poll her friends on the proper usage of your and you're. I went on to explain that it's a habitual thing. That getting in the habit of using the proper terms now will only help her in the future.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

@SgtM: I agree. I have also been trying to not use contractions when I can help it.

Another thing that I am getting somewhat frustrated with is that nobody really likes talking on the phone anymore. Or Skype, even. I mean... almost everyone I know has a webcam and a headset but does not like chatting on it.

Another thing I have been noticing... people have no confidence or self esteem these days. It is almost as though mental and emotional health no longer seems to matter. Let me tell you something: If you feel depressed, anxious, etc... go get help. See a therapist. Do SOMETHING so that you do not feel like **** any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Sarcasm, I see.

To address this point:

I essentially said "don't care about it". Why? Because I've found that to be the most effective solution. Interpret it how you will (admittedly I could have worded that other post a bit better but I stand by my words), but it all boils down to it will only bother you if you let it. Don't let it.

What did you want us to do? Go on a crusade and try and take these people down just because they're dicks? We're not that kind of community. We're there for each other in a much better way than that. We don't take action often, but I'll be damned if I haven't seen some of the world's best advice here on TBCS.

And just so you don't get confused, I am saying this is Michael B, Omega, A TBCS Member, not Omega, A TBCS Moderator.

omega i was not being sarcastic i was serious i did appreciate your advice and i didnt take it harshly (spelling?)
    check out my pc on youtube
    sorry for the lack of a decent video it was late

wow my sig sucks.. ha

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    Just made one of my mods a video response to yours
    thanks crimson i think he shut up after that
    check out my pc on youtube
    sorry for the lack of a decent video it was late

wow my sig sucks.. ha