Thread: split screen

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

Default split screen

hey guys i dont knnnnnow where to post this but hey....

im thinkinng of going split screen so i have cod4 on one screen and msn on the other and with a press of the button the mosue and kb operate the other desktop is this possible

i have an 8800gt so please help
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

Carpe Apenodytes halcyonforever's Avatar

Default Re: split screen

It is definately do-able. It depends more on the specifics of your card than the chipset. Some manufacturers will include dual outputs, some do not on various models of card, the 8800 doesn't necessairly decide (it is however beefy enough to do so.

Being able to switch will be the hard part. My general solution is to run a game in windowed mode on one screen.

Custom Title Honors

Like Halcyonforever said. It is going to be easier to run the game in window mode with your msn on the other. I used to do this with my system and dual monitors. Run CS on one screen and xfire,aim, and vent on the other. If you need full screen you will most likely have to do ALT-TAB or bind 1 key to do that function. Window is easier for switching between windows but the cursor can leave the window and get you killed. I have a first gen 8800GTS and have had no problems with this. Unless I misunderstood your "split-screen", you shouldn't have any issues.

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Carpe Apenodytes halcyonforever's Avatar

to be honest, I would pick up a few pieces and make a second computer for that monitor... Most games won't play nice with that setup. You can pick up a monitor switch to go between dual monitor on one desktop, and game/stuff with 2 machines.

Custom Title Honors

I don't have COD4 so I can't say from experience but CSS was ok with it when I played in full screen and did ALT-TAB. It's one of those try it out... if it works great, if not, look at other options. If the ALT-TAB or window play doesn't work out, at least there wasn't any cost to it? my 2cents worth

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::