Thread: Can i make this military style switch into the power on and off switch

Default Can i make this military style switch into the power on and off switch

Can i make this military style switch into the power on and off switch

Can anyone help me with this and hopefully point me to where to find a tutorial

http://www.crazypc.com/products/togg...ch-82398R.html

Default Re: Can i make this military style switch into the power on and off switch

The simplest way would be to just connect it to the power pins on the mobo, then switch it on and off to power up the computer. Not ideal, but it would work.
    You can get spring loaded toggle switches, which would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    Think of a way to simulate a real bullet hole, like shooting it.

Default Re: Can i make this military style switch into the power on and off switch

spring loaded toggle switches are cool as well... i was going to use them as fan controllers tho...

Where do u reccommend i buy them from

Spring loaded for fan controllers? I would have thought the normal ones would be better there, since they stay on.
    As for where to buy them, that really depends where you are. I'd start here as they also supply the covers separately. But they don't seem to do momentary ones...

Quote Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    Think of a way to simulate a real bullet hole, like shooting it.

can the spring loaded switches be used to power on and off the computer

Custom Title Honors

Didn't look into a lot of details with it, but you can check your local automotive store. They carry quite a few different style switches (atleast mine does around here). I have purchased a few different types. And since it's automotive, its also rated for the 12V.

Computer power switches typically need to be momentary switches. As in the switch can only make contact while you are physically activating the switch. It is only in very old computers and special setups (that you most likely won't be using) that you use can a constant feed power switch.

For fan on/off controller switch unless you wire up some sort of controller board or relay you cannot use a momentary switch as the fan will turn off immediately after you let go of the switch.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

ya, use the spring loaded switchs for power/reset and on-off style for fans. if you get an on-off-on (3 position switch) you can put 12v and 7v/5v in the other on and then you can have quiet or loud.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Didn't look into a lot of details with it, but you can check your local automotive store. They carry quite a few different style switches (atleast mine does around here). I have purchased a few different types. And since it's automotive, its also rated for the 12V.
    Or just Radioshack. They even have that same style switch at my Radioshack, I have it right here.