Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lots of free cases and more ideas for mods and a question about PS2 in a PC case.

Austral Alien

Default Re: Lots of free cases and more ideas for mods and a question about PS2 in a PC case.

Quote Originally Posted by D1337 View Post
    ps1+n64+dreamcast all in one case. DO IT.
    I no longer have a PS1 or an N64. Both were given to my younger Sister a while ago. I'll have to ask her whether she still even has them and if she wants them if she does still have them.
    Besides, why do a PS1 when a PS2 will play PS1 games?

As for the PS2 mod, I was thinking it would look cool in an old Atari 2600 case. I might have to look on eBay for one. I don't want to mod my 2600 as it is in perfect working order and it was a birthday present from back in 1983. I'd like to keep mine original.
    My PS2 is one of the early models. The big version, not the slimline one.

Also, if anyone has any good ideas for a computer case that could be modded into something non computer related, feel free to post it up. I would like to use some of the spare cases I have lying around and don't need even more working PCs.

I'm sure the Geek blood flows strongly in me when I want my PCs to look like anything but a PC and I want anything non-PC to look like a PC...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sky View Post
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Lots of free cases and more ideas for mods and a question about PS2 in a PC case.

did anyone else notice that the comps back them were much more cluttered compared to today? idk i just noticed that when helping my friend mod his old comp
    OPP Transformers Case / Dangerously 1337 / Hell's Regect

Remember Remember, The 5th Of November.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucko View Post
    I no longer have a PS1 or an N64. Both were given to my younger Sister a while ago. I'll have to ask her whether she still even has them and if she wants them if she does still have them.
    Besides, why do a PS1 when a PS2 will play PS1 games?

As for the PS2 mod, I was thinking it would look cool in an old Atari 2600 case. I might have to look on eBay for one. I don't want to mod my 2600 as it is in perfect working order and it was a birthday present from back in 1983. I'd like to keep mine original.
    My PS2 is one of the early models. The big version, not the slimline one.

Also, if anyone has any good ideas for a computer case that could be modded into something non computer related, feel free to post it up. I would like to use some of the spare cases I have lying around and don't need even more working PCs.

I'm sure the Geek blood flows strongly in me when I want my PCs to look like anything but a PC and I want anything non-PC to look like a PC...

because they will all fit, their cheap, and they still have some kickass games.

You could build a speaker system, using actuators to pop out side panels carrying the each speaker.

Disco box.

toaster oven mod has a few tutorials.
    Coffee maker?
    Handgun/money safe

Austral Alien

I got another free computer today. A guy at work was going to throw out this old IBM Aptiva with a PIII in the bin, so I said I'd give it a good home.

The front:

The guts:

And the back:

I have no plans for it, but better in my house than a workmate's bin, I say.
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

95% sure that's a SB Live! Value there, Bucko. I've got one myself, and when it works, it's a great card. (For that reason, it lives on the shelf.) Doubt there's a whole lot else in there that's useful, since it's from about 2000, but it'd be a good router, print server, etc. at the very least. Kind of a neat case too, pity it's a vertical-PSU unit though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

Austral Alien

It is indeed a Soundblaster Live! sound card. This PIII is a blistering 550Mhz.

I'm actually thinking of making this a Retro Games box. I have Windows 95 and 98se.
    Chuck one of those on, keep the floppy drive and load up all my old Sierra games (Space Quest 1-3, Police Quest 1&2, Kings Quest etc) that never really liked running on a fast PC under XP.

Gives me an excuse for another mod and makes use of otherwise useless stuff. I like playing them old games now and then, and it would be perfect for those times when you are in the mood for old school goodness (like when I pull out my Atari 2600).
    hahaha..."Wacky"
    -Wackello Capello

You seem to be stood on my tail... Helix666's Avatar

Wow... 550Mhz. What luxury. :p
    When I was younger I had to program in BASIC on a 40MHz processor with 64KB RAM, uphill both ways in the snow.
    (Yes, I had an easy life.)

Quote Originally Posted by gntlkilr
    warranties are meant to be voided.
    Turns out, they'll let any idiot with a wrench work on hydraulics.

Good plan, Bucko! The few older games I play (SimCity 2000/3000, mainly) have no problems under XP, otherwise I'd consider doing the same... that and I don't have a large enough spare HDD, really. A pair of 8.4s, dual-boot 2000 and 95b on my spare Athlon 850 though... hmm... It's tempting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...