Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project Radiation. Your ideas and input would be greatly appriciated.

Default Project Radiation. Your ideas and input would be greatly appriciated.

Hi all.

As you might have seen, I'm new. Just a quick intro into my modding so you know my level of experience. I'm 15, work in a computer shop, love building computers and love modding. I have a Thermaltake Armour that is going to be the focus of this project. I know a fair bit about overclocking, cables, cooling and 'practical modding'. I don't own a Dremel, or an airbrush, but I would like to start getting into them.

So here is what my 'idea' has so far been about. A Thermaltake Armour, black, getting a really awesome 'radioactive' paintjob. I have fairly new hardware, with a few of my own mods. The case at the moment has just recieved a heavy cable tying job to tidy it up a bit. I want to make the theme Chernobyl/post-apocolyiptic /radioactive, to tie in with the game STALKER. I will not be doing this myself, rather paying a professional graphics artist for the work. So what I'm asking here is: what design should I have, and what paint/colours should I use. I am going to use UV reactive yellow paint for it as well.

I have posted this link with a 'Paint-friendly' picture of my case, and the parts I intend to paint. I just want this to be 'right', as I'm paying AUS$500 for it. That is a lot of money to a teenager with a part time job! I would ask any interested in designing a theme to download this picture (100KB) and maybe fiddle around in paint for 5 mins. If you email the finished concepts to maidmasher@hotmail.com, I would be absolutely stoked!

As well as the paint job, I am going to have two UV CCFLs (one already), yellow cable sleeving, aftermarket/custom MOSFET, RAm and gfx card cooling, and and some really cool fan grills (If I can get them shipped from the US to here)

http://www.imagecabin.com/?view=1824...45c9c2b310ef18

Here are some pictures of my case:

http://www.imagecabin.com/?view=1824...7df6222bff46be and http://www.imagecabin.com/?view=1824...8595eb209bfc9e

Thankyou so much for time, and just reading this thread.

W.Bartlett
    Working on a low-key mod dubbed "Radioactive"...

Default Re: Project Radiation. Your ideas and input would be greatly appriciated.

Welcome to TBCS W.,

There is currently a mod being done based on Chernobyl/Stalker in our "works in Progress" section called Unit 4. You might take a look at it for inspiration. I would recommend taking some screen shots from the game and uploading those to this thread to illustrate which environment you are attempting to create, as there are many different settings in the game (some great ones too). My recommendation would be to grab some images toward the beginning when you first climb down into the underground tunnels and encounter the glowing, creepy, atmosphere. This would give us a better idea of what to shoot for, and help you steer the design process.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Default Re: Project Radiation. Your ideas and input would be greatly appriciated.

ey mään i dunno if this is bad or somethin but a german build a stalker case
    http://www.spaceflakes.de/forum/thre...3b056603a8b3a5

Cheers guys. I will certainly do this.

Sorry for not mentioning my name before. It's Will. I am going to mock an idea or two in photoshop, post them back later.

Quote Originally Posted by tanky_walrus View Post
    I don't own a Dremel, or an airbrush, but I would like to start getting into them.

[...]
    I will not be doing this myself, rather paying a professional graphics artist for the work.

[...]

I just want this to be 'right', as I'm paying AUS$500 for it. That is a lot of money to a teenager with a part time job!
    Coming from a youngish [20] new modder, (now this is my opinion, not to be forced upon you in anyway), I would honestly say take that amount of money and get yourself a couple basic tools. You mention that you want to get starting using them...I would take the money you were going to pay someone to paint your case and get some basic tools and materials and build the case up the way you want it. Its just a much more rewarding process. I mean, ya you might like the case they way the artist does it...but after about a year or so...give or take a lil depending on how long you yourself tend to get bored with things, you will be bored with the case and either want a new one or a new theme or new paintjob.

If you get tools and mats, you can make the case the way you want it. And if you get bored down the road you can change it, or make something new. Just seems like a more rewarding alternative. But then again that is my opinion.

Plus it becomes a nice hobby.

Just spending that much money to paint a case, when you want to get into modding anywho...Idk sorry, just rambling. Just showing you the light to other alternatives i suppose hehe.

Yeah, cheers. I am certainly thinking about it.

I WILL post my design when I have time, just this week have no access to internet

Hopefully in a few days I will have a design.

i have some old magnatrons you can use to produce microwaves inside your pc hehe...

magnatrons

i was gonna start an idea but i will just post that here.
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    Coming from a youngish [20] new modder, (now this is my opinion, not to be forced upon you in anyway), I would honestly say take that amount of money and get yourself a couple basic tools. You mention that you want to get starting using them...I would take the money you were going to pay someone to paint your case and get some basic tools and materials and build the case up the way you want it. Its just a much more rewarding process. I mean, ya you might like the case they way the artist does it...but after about a year or so...give or take a lil depending on how long you yourself tend to get bored with things, you will be bored with the case and either want a new one or a new theme or new paintjob.

If you get tools and mats, you can make the case the way you want it. And if you get bored down the road you can change it, or make something new. Just seems like a more rewarding alternative. But then again that is my opinion.

Plus it becomes a nice hobby.

Just spending that much money to paint a case, when you want to get into modding anywho...Idk sorry, just rambling. Just showing you the light to other alternatives i suppose hehe.
    agreed, get some tools and a cheap case. and learn how to work fiberglass bondo and stuff :]

Cool, thanks. I WILL I PROMISE to get a desgin up and running, and post it here.

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn-Inc View Post
    i have some old magnatrons you can use to produce microwaves inside your pc hehe...

magnatrons

i was gonna start an idea but i will just post that here.
    Is anyone thinking what I am thinking?

Microwave in computer. That'd truly be something.