Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: other outlets

Today is a good day to compute. The Black Pumpkin's Avatar

Default Re: other outlets

Tinkering with old cars, reading, a little writing.
    Bigtop "The Magnificent"-Foxconn A79A-S, Phenom 9600 BlkEd, 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2-1066, Sapphire 4870 1GB
    Newtop "The Rather Nice"-MSI MS-1029, Turion 64 MT-37, 2x1GB Crucial DDR-333, Radeon x700 128MB

Woodworking unicycling bodybuilder tybrenis's Avatar

Woodworking is my big thing. I'm currently replacing all the furniture in my room with handmade solid cherry pieces. Next up is the rest of the house, including cabinets, trim, handrails, and then the flooring.

Bodybuilding is a huge creative outlet for me. People might say bodybuilding isn't creative but it absolutely is, I'll give you guys a quote from the man himself...
    "The good bodybuilders have the same mind ... that a sculptor has. If you analyze it, you look in the mirror and you say, okay, I need a bit more deltoids ... so that the proportion's right, and ... you exercise and put those deltoids on, whereas an artist would just slap on some clay on each side." - Arnold
    Typo:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Jon has altered his cock to compensate.

We need to have a TBCS guitar jam. That would be cool!

Quote Originally Posted by SgtM View Post
    We need to have a TBCS guitar jam. That would be cool!
    Oh yeah! I'm working on some recording, but I can't figure out how . I tried Cakewalk's Guitar Tracks, but it won't record through my sound card, and I don't know why. It's getting the vibrations, but isn't recording. Granted I have no idea how to use the program... I guess just buying a USB box with software included would be a better way to do it.
    RIP Bucko

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    Oh yeah! I'm working on some recording, but I can't figure out how . I tried Cakewalk's Guitar Tracks, but it won't record through my sound card, and I don't know why. It's getting the vibrations, but isn't recording. Granted I have no idea how to use the program... I guess just buying a USB box with software included would be a better way to do it.
    Check out cool edit pro. Just as good if not better than Cakewalk (IMO). When I played around with it, I just used a cheapo Radio Crap computer mic. Sounded pretty good to me. I'll see if I can do a small recording this weekend, and I'll try and post it somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtM View Post
    Check out cool edit pro. Just as good if not better than Cakewalk (IMO). When I played around with it, I just used a cheapo Radio Crap computer mic. Sounded pretty good to me. I'll see if I can do a small recording this weekend, and I'll try and post it somewhere.
    Cool, thanks for the tip, I'll check it out. Were you using the mic to record acoustic stuff, or was it like singing? Or recording the sound from an amp?
    RIP Bucko

I do a bit of target shooting both at home and the shooting range. Its great fun.

Click here for the Battlefield 2 L.A.N. Pc worklog.

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Target shooting, music (both listening to and playing), reading, the occasional movie (I must recommend both Transformers and Harry Potter!), hunting/fishing/camping/anything outdoors, concerts, and road trips.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    Cool, thanks for the tip, I'll check it out. Were you using the mic to record acoustic stuff, or was it like singing? Or recording the sound from an amp?
    YW. Recording myself singing would probably be a bad idea. I was just recording myself playing a standard acoustic guitar.

I'm a lead singer and sometimes drummer in a band.