Thread: Umm, it broke!

Anodized

Default Umm, it broke!

Hi all, i recently aought a new ABIT IC7-G mobo, i took the heatsink out to replace it with the XP-90, went to turn the PC on and the fans started blowing then the PC just turned off. i unpluged everything bar the PSU cables to the mobo, the gfx card, the new heatsink and the ram and still had the same problem. I unpluged the ram and the PC stayed on but was beeping, i then pluged the ram back in and once again the fans started then all died. On this mobo there is a light that is green when the PSU is connected to the mobo but not turned on, it turns red when the PC is turned on. When everything dies the light turns back to green so there is power in the mobo. I then took the new heatskin out and put the old one back in and again the same problem occured with only the PSU, the old heatsink, the gfx card and the RAM, i then removed the ram and the PC stayed on but beeped. once i put the ram back in, the fans started up for a few seconds then died again. The RAM is not faulty as i tried it in a different PC. During all of this nothing appeard on my monitor, even when the PC stayed on but beeped. PLease help if you can.

Anodized

Default Re: Umm, it broke!

i also then removed the mobo from the case and placed it on the antistatic wraper it came in to make sure it wasnt touching the case at all. However the same problem still occured and nothing appeard on the screen even tho the monitor was pluged into my GFX card.