Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Project: 3x Nes

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Default Re: Project: 3x Nes

Nice.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Well, not to much progress but progress is progress.

Kinda a overall shot. got another few items cut out. Primarily a lot of fine tuning, trim here cut there. Getting down to the last. 4 strips of plexi to the front and side, wiring up for the USB ports and tighten up the shells. Then I just have to figure out how to suspend the middle NES. a little paint and maybe a window (have to see what it all looks like when getting closer to finishing).

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

So wow, just over 2 years since I last posted an update. But I do have one for you. Just a few progress pics, some paint some bad welding. Finally figured out how to hang the middle NES in the system. More bad welding. So without further waiting heres some pic of progress.

like i said, finally figured out how to hang the middle box, used a L bracket welded into place. you'll see what I mean by bad welding in a sec.

The faint of heart, professional welders and small children should look away now or be scarred, you have been warned.

Yeah, haven't done any MIG welding since high school. Good news is the welds are good and am in the process of grinding down the excess material.

So now to some paint pics, didn't get any pics of sanding off the old paint. But I do have one of my helper. Actually it was a lot of, "What are you doing?" Shes 3 now what do I expect.

Yes it ok for me to cough up multi-colored gunk, but not her.

So now a few step shots.

primer

after 3 coats of gloss red, used a 320 grit sand paper between

Didn't get a picture of taping down and stencil but heres the finished top and left side.

left side installed.

Well thats about it so far. Can't believe its been that long since I last did an update. Not to much going on around here, left Wendys do to some stuff going on, but now I'm working closer to the internet industry. Get to do Tech support for Centurylink DSL from home. Well, hope everybody is doing good. Was going to have this update done up yesterday but got caught up in some worklogs that looked really nice.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

I know how updates are. It was summer that I finished my GlaDos speakers. Have I posted anything about it anywhere? Nope. I'm just busy.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Nice; it's good to see an update.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.