Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: opening ports...

Overclocked

Default opening ports...

hey, just a question, for the game Gunz, and some other software you need to open some ports. I've opend the XP firewall ports, and also the ports on my linksys router, but still it gives all the signes of it bieng blocked.. can anyone help?

(my guess is that I forwarded to the wrong place... where should I be forwarding it too?)

sometimes I feel lost... than I remember I'm not going anywhere.

Default Re: opening ports...

When you open the ports in your router via port forwarding, make sure you forward them to the correct PC. For this, you'll need to use a static address on the PC. So, if your PC is 192.168.1.2, then you'll need to forward the port to that address. In this example, I forwarded port 3389 (for remote desktop) to my computer.

Overclocked

Thanks, so I did do it right.. which make's me even more confused.. is it posible that the wireless card has a firewall of sorts on it?

Not on the card itself. Do you have windows defender? Any other software firewalls enabled (zonealarm, windows firewall)?. Try running the game windowed that way if a windows security alert comes up, you'll be able to see it and respond.

Overclocked

no other firewalls, I've tried in windowed format.. but no other popups of it bieng blocked...

If you have the correct IP, the right ports being opened, the right type (TCP or UDP.. try choosing both if that's an option) of traffic being allowed, no firewalls on the computer (including Norton Internet Security.. the worst.), then try to put your computer into the DMZ (an option on the router to allow completely unfiltered traffic into/out of your PC).

DMZ is dangerous to leave a computer in there unprotected, but if it still doesnt work from there, then something else is the issue.

What do you mean by "all the signs of it being blocked" ?

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Overclocked

Hmm, I'll give that a shot.

and I meant that with any program that I had to open ports with it would alway's be blocked/weak, and if I scanned the ports they still would be blocked

thanks again lukifer

ensure you have a static IP, the linksys routers don't like opening ports for dynamic IP's

to see your current ip address in cmd type:
    Code:
    ipconfig /all

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Custom Title Honors

What model linksys router do you use? I have the WRT54G, it's really easy. And did you try http://www.portforward.com?? If you click the link it will take you to the page you need to open the port if you have the same router as me. Otherwise, go here and select your router, then find the game, and read it.

Did you make sure you checked the boxes to the right and click save at the bottom??

Overclocked

yes it's an static IP
    yes I checked thrue ipconfig

I also use an WRT54G linksys (version 6) http://www.portforward.com is where I originally went. but no luck there, or any of the other site's i went to.. (this site is kinda my last resort..)

yes I checked the boxes and saved it

thanks for all the reply's so far any idea's?

I read somewhere that you have to diable the DHCP... do you think that could be a problem?