Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, I've ordered 64 bit Vista Ultimate OEM

Default Re: Well, I've ordered 64 bit Vista Ultimate OEM

if you have firewall and antivirus you don't need it,
    Plus Tech guru i beleave tested it, the annoyiances dosen't check the file, it checks the name, and if its in the registry, if you have setup for say firefox, it will compain and ask permission, rename it to say "Francis work.exe" it won't ask, so its not that good anyway.

Plus you wern't worring about XP were you? considering that XP didn't have this tool, so why worrie about turning it off, you lived without it in XP/2K/9x

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Microsucks will support XP till 2014 and that's when I'll switch to Vista
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

microsoft have said there going to stop supporting it next year appernently! OEM providers are being forced into only offering vista soon, only a few Co.s have gone back on there deal with M$, the biggist being Dell.

Mary had a little lamb. It bumped into a pylon. Ten thousand volts went up its arse and turned its wool to nylon!

I guess I'll still install it anyway. Perhaps I should've gotten 32bit instead. 64 bit is what I wanted though.

enjoy it eitherway

Whta kind of problems might I expect to run into?

driver issues are your biggest due to the way the kernal interfaces with the rest of the system, the others will be antivirus, there isn't meny 64bit vista AV out there, same for firewall, and you shouldn't use 32bit AV on 64bit.

Other software may not run correctly. other than that you shouldn't run into anything.

I think itll be fine for me then.

HEHE well thats microsoft for you

when using vista the UAC meesages will send you to the nut house, not too bad for general running but for config, file moving and just around every thing else your not going to like it.

like come on do i really need to be told that im cutting a file from one place to another?

and oo while on the suject of nagging things. theres no admin account soo.. when every you do a "admin" thing.. like install a program you have to insert the admin password to gain a "admin" token and this happens for every single "admin" thing you do

but over all it is a good operating system and im sure you will like it after blocking out those annoying things

si-skyline

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

After I've got all the security turned off and the settings just right I've decided that Vista is a billion, no make that a trillion times better then XP. O.K, so maybe that was a slight exaggeration but here my point of view:
    If you know computers, software and hardware really well (as most of us do) then working out the bugs of Vista should be no problem.
    If you don't really know computers, software or hardware then (unless it is a vista-designed computer) Vista could be a problem.

All the security notifications will go away if you turn them off.

I've been using Vista since the release date and the only complaint so far is that the eSATA port doesnt work so well.

I say go for it

-Indybird