core #1 28C

+12 V = 17 A
    +5 V = 38A

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Temp or Psu prob?

When i play Eve in window mode the highest both the cores go is 41C

Overclocked

I could bet 5 bucks on the PSU. 17 amps ain't enough for a 7600GTOC. You may want to look into Enermax, OCZ, or Antec power supplies. I would recommend one from OCZ tho, with a 600watts you should be okay with that.

And what are all the stuff in your computer? hard drives, optical drives, lights, fans, cathodes? cause if there's too much stuff in it, that may explain why it's crashing, due to an insufficient PSU.

Fresh Paint

So its the Psu with the prob then?

Guardian

thats you're problem. You're 12 volt rail is 17a. Now i'm not too familure with the 7600, but I know that geforces suck up ALOT of power. I recommend atleast 25a on hte 12 volt, or 25a combined through differn't 12 volt rails.

And ditch the casecom, the PSU is like the heart of you're computer, sure you can go out spend $20 on a generic psU rather then on a Antec, but when it dies 3 months later you're going to be sorry.

Trusted Brands: Thermaltake, Antec, BFG Tech, Silverstone, Enermax...Few more but those are off the top of my head. Go for ATLEAST 500 watts, and expect to spend $80+ for a good psu.

my 2 cents.

EDIT** Ussually the 7600 shouldn't take over the 17A, but you're also running a powerfull processor and such. Thats why you're PSU is getting drained.

Overclocked

Don't trust Thermaltake that much. They are a good brand, but compared to OCZ or Enermax, they are "weaker".

Don't forget that, most of the time, when a cheapo PSU (generic) dies, it should take away with him the motherboard, along with other components. Im sure you don't want to lose all these poweful components...

Fresh Paint

ok sweet! Thx for the help guys

Guardian

Hint hint.. My "rep" here doesn't cover PSU's?

Even though Thermaltake might be lower quality, it still lasts in the long run. I have a 2 year old 450 watt Tt, works fine still.

Overclocked

Of course I don't say that, Ive bought a Tt for a friend a month ago, but in the extremeoverclocking.com forums people saying that enermax and OCZ are the best ones on the market right now (PC Power & Cooling aint bad too, for bigger wattage needs). Thermaltake is good too, and of course if you don't push your computer to its limits Tt is still a good choice.

Lol, im almost contradicting myself compared to my last posts... >_< My Pentium 3 is running from a Sparkle PSU since the last 7 years, the only thing that happened was the fan decided to died on me. PSU shutted down on overheat, changed the fan in it, works perfecly.

Fresh Paint

If i was to get a 600w psu would that dmg my comp in any way?
    Becasue i wouldnt be using that much of its power