Thread: Project:RetsuChi Keyboard

Last Thoughts

Default Project:RetsuChi Keyboard

Hello,until a few hours ago I had no name for the mod I'm going to do with my current case.I've decided to call the mod RetsuChi which in japanese means Cold (which is Retsu) and Blood (Chi).I picked this name because the computer is getting water cooled hence being "Retsu",and the tubes for the water cooler will be clear with "Blood Red" coolant and black coils to prevent tube kinking.The case,as you might have expected,has a red color scheme.I happened to have an old backlit keyboard laying around (just a cheap one).It has blue backlighting,which is what I want to change.The lighting is an EL strip from what I understand in the shape of the keyboard with holes for the keys.Now heres the question,I found a EL strip on www.FrozenCPU.com that is red,which is what I'm going for,is there some way I could replace the circuit board or something to make it glow red?I know thats easier said then done,but if its possible I'm going to try.I'm just wondering if it is actually the strip its self that produces the blue.Or maybe it is in-fact the circuit board,any ideas?I also plan to pain the keyboard.And if I'm completely wrong for some reason about the EL strips then I'm going to light it with something else like an EL wire.There is also some other LEDs that I'm hopefully going to replace on the keyboard,such as the caps lock etc LEDs.theres also an LED in a built in scroll wheel on the keyboard.But yea,let me know if theres any ideas on the EL strip.Thanks!

D'Oh

Default Re: Project:RetsuChi Keyboard

the color is made by the strip, not by the circuits, so you can change that... but you should test things before doing final mods.. after you get the parts you order, test them with the keyboard circuits (after disconnecting the power from the keyboard EL).. do some tests and see if all works together

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Overclocked

the name might not be correct, though.
    reiketsu (no)れいけつ(の)=cold-blooded
    haizen はいぜん=Warship; But, if you add a と to the end (doing something to)
    haizen (to) はいぜん(と)=it means doing something in cold blood
    つめたい=something is cold
    血ーち-chi=blood
    reikoku(ni)-れいこく(に)=in cold blood

sorry to burst your bubble, but I couldnt help myself. hell, you could still be right as you can see there is a lot of ways to say the same thing. not sure how reliable the haizen one is though, but i know for sure that the reikoku ni one is accurate.

A little advice to your endeavor, test on an OLD computer, we dont want any fried ps2 ports if the little electric gremlins decide to run amok.
    otherwise follow what dgrmkrp said in his post and you should be fine. Can I expect some pictures down the line?

And if you want anything Simple translated into japanese, i will be around.

"you must be the change you wish to see in the world"
    -ghandi

maz are u japanese?
    check out my pc on youtube
    sorry for the lack of a decent video it was late

wow my sig sucks.. ha

Ok this is not an actual work in progress yet, so I'm moving it to the Idea Zone. When you have several photos posted, I'll move it.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by armadilloben View Post
    maz are u japanese?
    xD

You don't have to be Japanese to know the language. My science teacher reads and writes and speaks Japanese. I remember, per request, he wrote notes for a lecture in Japanese. It was interesting.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Last Thoughts

I'm actually considering looking at the logitech G15 keyboard.I'm wondering if the backlight comes from individual LEDs.Maybe I'll look into it.

Overclocked

No, I'm not Japanese. I have just been studying it for twelve years.
    And im not close to being fluent, I can carry on a conversation, and read most of it.

and with the G15, one of my friends has one. I'll ask him whats what.

"you must be the change you wish to see in the world"
    -ghandi

Case Wizard

Saitek has a keyboard that lights up red (blue and purple too).
    Eclipse 2

armadilloben>

dude i piggy backed 2 (120mm) fans so they were blowing through the same space one screwed to the other.and fixed 6 of these into the case totaling to 12x120mm fans blowing through 6 holes. Not loud enough to hear outside my home.

What the hek fans were you using.
    Systems:
    L-Top}
    O.S.'s Win-xp, Win-Vista, Dapper.
    HP pavilion,ze2115us semp3000m,200xpressM,1gb

D-Top}
    O.S.'s Win-XP pro-sp2, W-Vista
    CPU-Z scan