Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Super-xbox 360

Default Super-xbox 360

Eh yall. This is gonna be my next mod to undertake. Haven't really been very active in this realm for a while, too busy with other junk....ya know school/work n so on. Anyways I've been drafting up a bunch of ideas for a few months in my head, been waiting for a while to get my new components to build a new pc. Now through my work as a general contractor I've been able to obtain all my parts needed to start this thing up.

I've been at it for about two afternoons now, building from scratch. Anyways my photos of what i'm making is soon to come, within a couple hours, just wanted to set up a thread so i can just start throwing some pics up k. Cya'll soon.

Default Re: Super-xbox 360

alrighty alrighty time for some pictures. Now before I start I think a couple things I should mention is that I haven't done quite this b4, soo lack of experience on the large scale. All materials other then; IC, bondo, paint and hinges n rivets are all wasted scrap metal or recycled materials. Go green enviro.

a couple side panels i cut out.

well wasted time at work, this will be used for the HDD mounting cage i'm hoping.

same stuff, closer look

I know this aint all to glammy, but what do you want, i'm a student
    and yes that would be my bed on the bottom right.... lazy can be good too

Thanks for all the material, work! you will be greatly missed.....lol

This is my 'workshop' not really mine as i'm just a student, and not really either a workshop as you can see

My side panels

Bottom piece....or top i'm not sure

My stash of extra crap I brought home from the work site...being a General Contractor does have it's perks i must say

The same HDD cage members as you saw previous

Mobo tray that I had fashioned at work....i sure hope it'll work.

Checking out some side panel action...
    I guess this would be a good time to tell ya'll that the real sqaure is all the way in the backyard, which basically means i don't have one. As well I don't have a seet of drawn plans...which i think anyone else would look at me like a freak...my profession is drawing plans and such hahaha i'm an architectural technologist. soon to be civil engineer
    So no plans, i have a 4" grinder, a 3/8" steel drill bit n drill and a rivet gun....and a box full of rivets needless to say. OOooo and a hammer lol and a pair of small vice-grips.
    More update shortly

Ok installment 2, ermmm 2.5 i guess

the side panel

One leg set into place at the back corner

The case on it's side, looking at the two rear columns in place about to be rivetted together

Having a smoke break taking a look into my bro-in-laws single car 'workshop' lol

The rear columns kinda laterally supported on 2 axis

First front column in place, unsupported

Same member, laterally supported in one direction

Same member once again, now laterally supported in two directions

Final picture for today as thats all i've got atm. I'll most likely be working on it tonight when i get home from work...Anyways it's the same member, no new work, just another angle for the photo.

Alrighty, worked on it a couple hours yesterday with crazy setbacks, and this east indian who was rough on his english and totally lost...i had to explain to him like 18 times over just go about 3 blocks away. Anyways here's what i've done:

This is where i left off

Just for a little motivation, and clarity of what i'm doing, i just laid everything together. Looks like what i had in my head

Kinda starting to take shape of the 360....don't you folks think?. I don't expect too many comments or anyhting this early in. But I would like to know if someone had read it or ne thing...atleast is someone is here ya know! k back to the worklog.

here is my fourth column support. Starting to get somewhere!
    This was a slight change in plans, my improve came when the two angles I have there didn't really line up in a way that I could rivet them together. So now there will be three brackets to the base of that column. You can see the first now.

That little thing took me a while to think of and make. Keep in mind this can't interfere with the other two brackets either.

Its a little hard to see, but the two sides laying one directly over the other have a rolled edge, which makes lining up and good bracket really tricky...n with just a grinder, drill and hammer...well ya, anyways that was my solution

This is my first attemp at creating the laterally supporting bracket for the fourth column.

This is setting up the second time...wrong way apperantly

And well this is the same bracket, for the third time...apperantly i wasn't thinking all that straight, hmmm smoke*

And presto!!! it's on the right way now just crooked .....yarrr

And yes this is after a little bit, another lateral brace is on there. i skipped me making that one, it's simple and i was kinda just wanting to get it on there so.

Another angle of it, you can really see how ugly it looks in there now, with rivets coming from every angle and direction. sweet

In this pic you can see how strong they are. Fair peice of plywood leaning on it and it doesn't even budge. Good thing pin end bracing

Here is with all the columns in and the sides laying against the frame. Note If you are looking at the pic, and the top seems a lil lop sided. Well you would be right, the back is effed up. It's k thought apperently sept. 11 is not a good modding day

Doesn't look as delopetated, but thats cuz of my sneaky camera angle

This is the troublesome backside bracing member. After I've already chopped it off andcorrected the height issue.

And here is the fixed shot. Everthing to the right size and shape....almost

There we go, and thats it for tonight. Actually about this time of night that east indan dude came to me looking for directions

Anywho peace out yall

Local laser guy! Collinstheclown's Avatar

So what exactly is it your doing? I couldn't find it in any of your posts.

Looks to me like your building a new case for your X360, if thats the case it's looking pretty good so far.. keep it up!

-CollinstheClown

Or he's making a computer case made to look like a 360.

Bingo Daje. a pc case, i just wanted it to be as clean and crisp as the x360 looks now. I'll tried putting that out there in my last thread about the x360 case....but no one really looked at that one. so i just left it alone.

Note: there will be an update later today, right now i just got into my site office, and we are soon to have an owners meeting....soooo i gotta wait a lil bit.

Ok with my prject, it's a scratch build. I'm gonna try to fit in a few cool standard pc stuff i.e. lighting, window, good venting etc. Any questions plsssssss throw them out there!....that would be why i'm doing this worklog ya know

Alright, cyall in a few!

OK here is the update....which has nothing very significant, however...

Ok lets start the top now, this is the case3 upside down

This is the already riveted bottom...sorry i kinda forgot to show that part of the proj. b4

K there is the little angle peice i had to secure the front of the top.

And here's the case with the angle at the top.

Ok right side up now, I have the front and rear braces secured to the top

Heres is the top peice, you can see that I'm gonna be needing some midspan stiffeners for the top peice

Starting to look like something

These are some filler pieces that I thought i should put in, just for the gap in the front.

Another shot.

This is where the gap is. You can see it between the column pieces and the side panel.... and this is as far as i got cuz my last damn bit had to break....ARRR

Good night all

Srry folks, no update today. I went ot the home depot yesterday after work to grab my materials...I am only missing my body filler...funny deal, I asked on of the employees...i think this girl musta been simple or something. But i says
    "Hi, do you guys sell metal filler?"

She replies "oh we might what is it that you are going to be doing with it?"

I look at her and say "Umm....Filling metal?" hahaha....yaaa
    she didn't seem retarded, maybe she just didn't give a F*ck. oh well w/e

I wont have ne updates till monday or so i think but there will be a fair bit i should think

Till then take care all!

P.S. any comments, questions n concerns...someone pls?

Weird. Anyways...

If this is going to look like a large 360 I can't wait to see this. You should probably paint it in the 360 colors though.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy