Thread: satellite pro 400cs lcd...how to wire one?

Fresh Paint

Default satellite pro 400cs lcd...how to wire one?

so i got curious a few nights ago and took apart my uncles old toshiba satellite pro 400cs lcd...freakin old, i know.
    i was able to get the lcd out, intact.
    after seeing it, i was wondering if i could somehow mod it, or use a vga or serial connector of some kind to connect it to my pc and integrate it into the side of my antec 900 case. any ideas or anything like that? as soon as i get batteries for my camera ill take some shots of the connectors and stuff.

Default Re: satellite pro 400cs lcd...how to wire one?

This is not as easy as you might think. The panels in laptops don't have the required hardware with them, the driver-PCB of those panels is on the motherboard or the VGA-card.

So yes, you can wire it to a VGA connector, but you'll have to make/get a Driver-PCB for your panel. This has been done before, try google to find people who did it.

I also have a laptop panel laying around somewhere, I also wanted to make that into a VGA-screen, but when I saw how much soldering and thinking (working out how to solder the parts together) it was I abandonned it.

Sorry I can't help you any further...

Fresh Paint

Default Re: satellite pro 400cs lcd...how to wire one?

no worries man, i think im gunna go the same route you went and just say to heck with it :X
    thanks for the help though!