Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future PC games worth looking for?

Overclocked

Default Future PC games worth looking for?

I haven't been watching the game community too closely (focusing on next gen hardware, etc.) I'm just wondering if there are any games that look like they are really worth getting. So far I've found:
    Quake 4
    Battlefield 2
    F.E.A.R

...yep, that's about it. Anyone heard of any other "top-tier" games?
    - AMD Athlon64 3200+@2.2Ghz | Gigabyte K8NSC-939 nForce3 250Gb | ASUS 6600GT 256MB |1GB Kingston ValueRAM

Default Re: Future PC games worth looking for?

doom 4?

Water Cooled

if your into rpg, adventure games, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey is coming out in fall. its the sequel of the longest journey back from 1999 and it was the best game ive ever played. dreamfall is going to be even better. im preordering it as soon as i can. just cannot wait

Fresh Paint

S.T.A.L.K.E.R and BF2

Overclocked

Battlefield 2!!!! It looks sweet. I can't wait for it either.

Overclocked

I am waiting for D&D Online and to try the new fight engine.
    Mesh makes the world go around!!!!

The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion
    The new Elder Scrolls game (after morrowind)... the graphics are stunning, and from what i've heard the freedom of choice will be even greater. I hope they improve the character interaction menu though.

I hope that Quake 4 doesn't become another Doom 3... While doom3 was a good game to some, i found it repetitive and boring. After you got over the scaryness. The level design wasnt that great either, one of the things i loved about Doom and Doom2 was the way the levels were set out. And thats my rant about doom... i hope that Q4 doesn't follow the same path, as i really enjoyed Quake 2 (plus the soundtrack for it, an the expansions rock).

Age of Empires 3 seems to be worth a look if you're a fan of the series.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Xato
    The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion
    The new Elder Scrolls game (after morrowind)... the graphics are stunning, and from what i've heard the freedom of choice will be even greater. I hope they improve the character interaction menu though.

I hope that Quake 4 doesn't become another Doom 3... While doom3 was a good game to some, i found it repetitive and boring. After you got over the scaryness. The level design wasnt that great either, one of the things i loved about Doom and Doom2 was the way the levels were set out. And thats my rant about doom... i hope that Q4 doesn't follow the same path, as i really enjoyed Quake 2 (plus the soundtrack for it, an the expansions rock).

Age of Empires 3 seems to be worth a look if you're a fan of the series.
    Elder Scrolls 4 is supposed to be a launch game for the 360. Yeah, I read an article in Game Informer about it; looks absolutley amazing! There was a picture of a soldier on horseback with mountains way out in the background, and the caption said that you can travel beyond those mountains! It's gonna be like EQ2, only even larger, and look even better! I also read about the new AI, which will remeber your deeds and manipulates NPC faces accordingly (disgust, rage, joy, etc.) It's supposed to be a fully contained ecosystem that has realistic seasons, plant growth, etc, as well as aging characters and expanding governments.

Quake 4 is supposed to have huge improvements on the Doom 3 engine, and may have "evolving" enemys; that is, enemy types that obtain upgrades over time. I'm not sure what other twists await us, other than you play as a Marine and a Strogg later in the game.

And I love Age of Empires 2, so I look forward to 3.

It all sounds like a bit much, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    - AMD Athlon64 3200+@2.2Ghz | Gigabyte K8NSC-939 nForce3 250Gb | ASUS 6600GT 256MB |1GB Kingston ValueRAM

Yeh, Morrowind already had a few small environment features... like if you take berries from a plant... they wont grow back for a while... But yeh, actual plant growth will be something to look forward too.
    I can see a system such as the one in Startopia (cheesy game i know) where the plant models expand over time, and then at a certain stage they change to the full model and can be harvested... I'm sure oblivion will do it much much much better tho

ATX Mental Case

I am going to get BF2 and AOE3 this year. But I have heard that AOE3 might not come out till the 4th Quater. But I am really looking forward to Battlefield2, especially the squad command system.
    There is no other choice.