Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Hp Res 3 Mega

Default Re: Hp Res 3 Mega

Cheers guys! ty all very much

better get this thread back on track ay!!

On the home stretch now!! with all the panels now painted and cleared this weekend should just about see this mod done!:toast:

Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-18-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Anodized

its a real beauty man!

-clay

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rankenphile
    Gearhead, seriously, knock it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribaloverkill
    oooOOOOoooOOOoooo, you got in trouble I'm done.
    Sleepy land for me.
    hey! not fare, he was first(hi is tribal and im..... what am i????)LOL ok ok ok no more disgusting, foul and obnoxious stuff

EDIT> damn did not i see the pics, hell... that paint is it almost looks like pearle paint
    P.S. Rank, how was youre vacation ?!

LOUD AND PROUD !

Rankenphile

Looking really, really, really professional, and ultra-sexy to boot, defyant. You never fail to impress.

Gearhead, thanks mate. hehe. Vacation was a blast. I'm going to try to get a few pics up this weekend, I met a really cool street performer playing violin dressed in a full Darth Vader costume, which was pretty neat. Plus I got to tour through the Miniature Museum and see Buchart Gardens, which was beautiful. A good time.

Darth Vader on the fiddle? You'll have to post pics of that.

Defyant, amazing! I'm crossing my fingers to get a result half as good. Well actually, I keep redoing things until they're perfect. But that means my mod won't be done for at least . . . 30 or so years. kidding kidding, but you do incredible, professional quality work.

Thanx again guys darth vader playing violin!!...i'm already thinking Full clear Plex violin! with blue internal led lighting!!! the mini museum and gardens sounds very interesting mate! i would also like to see some pics

Now that the freshly painted panels have had a day to "set" I was eager to see how the front clear Plex Blades were going to look on the pearl!

I have to say i was tragically dissapointed! my 5star flag ship had turned into a "titanic"..... the plex blades really offered nothing... just looked like fat glowing blue sausages... while the idea was ok early in the build.... now that the panels were coated these offered no contrast against the class of the Pearl Paint.

I pretty much went to bed an unhappy camper. At about 1am (as it usually is with me) the idea came to me in the form of the good o'l Defyant mouse mats!

Remember these?

It was streight to the plex shop bright and bleery eyed @ 7am this morn for some cut to size plex goodness!!!

I was back by 8AM armed with the new FRONT and SIDE BLADES! As you can see the new blades will be a GLOSS black a 3 layer design with a clear plex middle layer thats will light with the 3 colours of the case!

The THICKER of the 2 is 2 x 8mm black strips and one 2mm middle clear the longer side blades are 4mm and 2mm clear.

First thing to do is cut what will be the new CDROM door! Using a "thingamajig" the shape of the front panel is copied to the plex.

Then over to the band saw for some cutting.

Still looking a bit bulky atm!

So it's down to the router for some intial shaping.

Now the long task of hand sanding begins! this goes thru a stack of steps! the first being a ruff sand with 100 grit dry then 400 grit.

Then it's over some 3 lots of wet rubbing! first 400 wet and dry then 800 with 1500 for fine finsihing.

Finally to bring back some of that Gloss black shine some hand compound rubbing.

Gotta throw in the old "outside shot"

The process is done 2 more times to create the middle and lower blades! one of wich will be modified to be the ATX switch
    Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-18-2012 at 05:31 PM.

I like the mouse pad! The new blades look sweet! Happy Modding!

Quote Originally Posted by Short Modder
    I like the mouse pad! The new blades look sweet! Happy Modding!

TYVM mate

The New Bades are sat on the panel for a "looksee", i much prefer the look of the new shiny black blades! This also give me a new theme to follow thru with!

With some Blue light action! a much Classier look.

Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-18-2012 at 05:33 PM.

The same process is done with the new Side panel Blades these will replace the old clear ones.

Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-18-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Also got a qick chance to hook up the top HDD activity light for a qik look see

Last edited by jdbnsn; 02-18-2012 at 05:37 PM.