Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I may have a job again soon

tinfoil-underwear

Default Re: I may have a job again soon

Quote Originally Posted by DaJe View Post
    Well, things went well today, and I have a second interview tomorrow.
    w00t w00t w00t

Congrats man!

You're going to feel great when you receive that 1st paycheck.

And that's going to inspire you (hopefully) to get a *better* job.

w00t!

I just need somewhere to start off and to build up some funds. I've also been without a job for a while now, and I just need one. Today it was mainly them asking me wuestions like "In this situation you're suppsoed to do this, name a time where you've done this and how you did it". I'll probably get hired.

If you get the job ask your manager about the ESOP(Employee ownership program). Don't use the recommend company either. That's how people get screwed. If you use a 3rd party for your shares, there's much less of a chance for WM to screw you over on them.

Anyway, good to hear. Good luck.

When the application was filled out, the social security number was entered wrong. They have no way of changing it on the computer so I had to fill the whole thing out again to put the right number into the computer. The job they offered me mainly involves me being outside bringing in shopping carts, and pay starts at $7.50 an hour. According to the job description, there may be a rope or some type of machine or vehicle I could use to get the carts too (I have no idea). If they do, I'll say I need to use it because I'm not in good enough physical condition (I do have asthma, am underweight, allergies, anxiety disorder, and possible sun allergy). Something had to be re-done, so I didn't do the drug test today and they're going to call me either later today or tomorrow. When I see them again I'm going to ask them if they're sure there's no other position I could work.

tinfoil-underwear

Wait...

So they didn't hire you when you told them you had "have asthma, am underweight, allergies, anxiety disorder, and possible sun allergy"?

Quote Originally Posted by DaJe View Post
    ...so I didn't do the drug test today and they're going to call me either later today or tomorrow...
    This just cracks me up. A drug test for a minimum wage job? Oh wait maybe you can't pull carts in from the parking lot if you smoked weed last night...

Not that I am advocating anyone smoke weed. I just am appalled at the level of privacy intrusion in this country and most people think it is ok. Last drug test I took was over 20 years ago and ended up giving them a bottle of water... Not that I couldn't have passed I just wanted to eff with them. They never even called me on it. It was a "hey take this cup home and fill it up, then mail it to us in the prepaid envelope". Hehe that works. They hired me, moved me to SoCal and paid me good money so I never complained. No-one else (local) had to take the drug test, just the people they were hiring from out of state. Before that I took one when I was in the navy the day after I came back from leave for my 21st birthday. Failed that test miserably and _nothing_ ever happened.

Once they start testing for alchohol, pain killers, pot, and any other possibly abused drug, then I _may_ be ok with it (but doubtfull) It is _nobody's_ business what I do on my own free time. !.! (not that I partake anymore, just the principal of the thing)

Good luck on the job front and you will do fine.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ@PR View Post
    Wait...

So they didn't hire you when you told them you had "have asthma, am underweight, allergies, anxiety disorder, and possible sun allergy"?
    No, they're still going to hire me, and still going to make me do the physical work.

tinfoil-underwear

^^^ Happy to know that.

AirBozo, I'm with you on our rights.
    We're getting screwed. Damn it.

There's a bright red machine with a flashing light on top of it that will push the carts through the parking lot for you.

There's a definite catch 22 about drug testing. Professionals never get it and the people who do the low paying ****ty work always do.

Moral of the story? If you don't want to be drug tested, go to college, get a degree and get a job where you make over 50k, then do your 'exploration' phase.

I agree with Airbozo on this. Drug policy in this country is bull****. Forget just testing, I want the whole damn system changed.

Nice you got the job, you have to start somewhere, I remember working for a dollar store for a couple of years... that was the good times no responsibilities, no worries, no money...

Anyone who think a computer is sexy need to #$? and fast