Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: some kickass spam!!!

Life is like an analogy...

Default some kickass spam!!!

no im not spamming... but i did get some kickass spam email today. i just have to share it because its very odd.

so i wasnt the only one who got this either. check out the email addresses this got sent to:

<photodesk@prnewswire.com>, <gary.key@anandtech.com>, <babusya@list.ru>, <mti@mti.ru>, <lazymummy@msn.com>, <inform@nadrabank.kiev.ua>, <preitschky@marnscda.com>, <rzak@bjorn3d.com>, <vhsludge@virtual-hideout.net>, <headsetop@yahoo.com>, <elka@mirpress.mi.ru>, <vragen@dnrhardware.nl>, <sponsor@barrys-rigs-n-reviews.com>, <ginews@gamingillustrated.com>, <vhdiceman@virtual-hideout.net>, <5d@5d.ru>, <news@futurelooks.com>, <sandy.d@hothardware.com>, <christian@silenthardware.de>, <edit@modojo.com>, <mmb@eurotrust.ru>, <redmax@ninjalane.com>, <contact@reviews.sc3n3.com>, <disolucion@gmail.com>, <customs@shatteredweb.com>, <geno@boxgods.com>, <funkz@ocia.net>, <colmstead@golinharris.com>, <david@ocmodshop.com>, <kacpisz@wp.pl>, <affiliates@barrys-rigs-n-reviews.com>, <music@ebay.com>, <josh@hardocp.com>, <johnfreeman@tweaktown.com>, <mike1507011987@hotmail.com>, <jmke@madshrimps.be>, <donna.dedario@star

lots of hardware review sites in that list... and somehow im in it too. heck, even stores are in there... ebay is!!!

at first i thought there was some very odd text going... but it turns out that its actually a gif stuck in my email... and its got text in it thats written in russian or some other very weird looking language. i dont know what it says, and i cant translate it either. i dont want to save it to my computer... just in case... im no expert on how viruses act, but better safe than sorry.

the gif is called this: ddf2konstantin.GIF and i have no clue what that means. it just sounds suspicious.

ive gotten this email twice under two different titles. one was called "trader" and the other was called "helper". both came from this source: miwakira@kcc.zaq.ne.jp.

so very interesting eh? maybe someone knows something about this. i sure dont. all i know is that im just as desirable as hardware review sites and ebay for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug Toy
    im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

Default Re: some kickass spam!!!

Since you've obviosly seen it on your monitor, why not take a screenshot of the gif and post it for us to see?

But ya, I wouldnt save it, waaay to suspicious.

why didnt i think of that.... ill get right on it.

im pretty sure i was your car, but i was into mah music and didnt think too much of it

Case Wizard

So.... why did you open the e-mail in the first place?

a) because im stupid

b) curiosity

c) im stupid

d) nothing better to do

e) stupid

f) ignorant of danger even though im aware of it

g) did i mention stupid?

ill get a screenshot of this thing... its funny reading it... ive actually spent so much time just staring at it that ive started creating my own "code" out of it. it doesnt make any sense though.

here you go.

no idea what language that is even.

It's Russian.

I started translating it but got really bored after a while. The first line and half of the second line says:

"Our company is glad to offer you the services on manufacturing and (редиэайну) an available site. If you do not have site or wish to alter already (готовьIй) site..... "

Yeah i know thats messy but you can see its just a pretty regular ad.

Go here, http://translation2.paralink.com/ , and copy and paste the email into the top section, and make sure you choose russian to english. This is just if your curious.

nah thats all i needed to know... the big question is why is my name on that list of companies and such?

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

lol thats funny. I would be like... omgosh! God is trying to tell me the world is going to end! Then I go and take it to some translator dude and he's all like. Your an idiot.

It was still pretty cool looking though.

-SF
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Should track the spammer down and sue him for using the name of your company with out your permission.
    Need a sig