Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: looking to mod my dell 4700

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: looking to mod my dell 4700

Well you can always try to rig something up to have a fan blowing on it on one side and a fan on the other side blowing out? Then you can do some other stuff as you see fit to your case.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendBob View Post
    My current comp is actaully frankensteined from the ashes of a dead Dell. The mobo and PS are proprietary (Like emachines). There's a possibility that other things are set up unique. Perhaps the plug in for the power is reversed? I do know that if you attempt to mix and match the major dell parts, you can destroy the componants. From my Dell (mobo died) I was able to salvage and use:

1. Proc
    2. Memory
    3. CDROM
    4. Floppy
    5. HD

The case I had to chuck, the Powersupply was wired differently than normal, and the mobo was just plain dead.

You know, you can always pull the powerswitch out of the Dell.......and mod it into your new case.

Be aware though, it's possible the Dell mobo won't fit in your new case, you might have to get "creative".
    bummer man, so you had to get a new version of windows right? and as i see you live in arizona as well, you know heat is an issue in this state lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFire View Post
    Well you can always try to rig something up to have a fan blowing on it on one side and a fan on the other side blowing out? Then you can do some other stuff as you see fit to your case.

thats what i wanna do, i want like a 80mm fan in the front and upgrade the back to a 120, but i dont know if its possible?

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Just about anything is possible with the right tool and know how.

Unfortunately I am limited on both! lol

So at this point, all I can say is this.

GOOD LUCK!

-SF

thanks, check back here in a week or 2. i'll put together something. still in need of help by others!

here is a picture of my harddrive situation.

i'm pretty sure i can take one of the brackets with the harddrive and fit it directly on the ground of the case, is it safe?

and as far as the molex 4 pin connectors i think i ran out

is there an adapter out there that gives you more connections, kind of like a usb hub?

and what did you drill in the front of the case for the intake? here is a picture of mine, i shouldnt need to do anything but screw in the fan right?

i honestly appreciate all help you can give me [/QUOTE]

Overclocked

You can purchase molex splitters, or you can build yours pretty easily if you have a scrap PSU lying around. Just grab a couple of molex, and wire them to an existing molex on your working PSU and it should works fine. Don'T you dare put 3 more molex on the same line tho, cause if you plan to use them all, you may burn your power line :O

thanks for the warning lol, i should get this right?

http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16812189003

Fear

Yes, Thats what you need.The hardrive placement doesn't really matter. The HDD can be on the bottom of you're case, or on the top. Lon as you have the IDE/SATA connection to it and the molex connection.

But I suggest buying a new Powersupply. Dell,Emachine,Gateway...ect. They all have the worst power supplies. There only good for maybe a years time?

How Big's Your Mouth?! gaz_the_chav's Avatar

Yes that would be fine!

ok great, ill probably just put it under my cd drives (take out the stupid floppy)