Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Basic CS Mod

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Default Re: Basic CS Mod

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
    Hmm...i'm inclined to disagree. This case is great, with a lot of good things going for it, but the wires are kinda shoved up in the corner...I'd eliminate as many as you can, maybe sleeve the spares, or even go ape-**** like i did on a mod (which keep forgetting to post) and actually cut off all the wires that won't be used.

-Dave
    I actually kinda wanted some one to say that in a funny way.

I think I am going to save my pennies and by one of those Seasonic modular power supplies. Seasonic make the best PSU's. I have never used one but I have heard so many good words about them. Plus they have above 80% effiency.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=20799
    Need a sig

Simon275,
    Do you already know how you are going to make it more Counter Strikey? Also, I think the appearance of finished work would benefit greatly by designing a scheme that covers the area on the right (where the drives are) and a strip on the top (to at least an inch or two below the bottom of the PSU). I think that would show what's pretty and hide what's not, unless you intend to incorporate those structures into the scheme.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

Yes I am going to install a counter strike window applique, put camo case wrap on it and a CS case badge and 80mm a CS fan grill on the back of my my PSU Any other suggestions?

A peice of metal covering it sounds like a great Idea I have seen it done before but never though of doing it myself.

So kinda like this but neater and painted or something like that

Need a sig

Interesting, this is coming along pretty well. I like the little LCD, I need to find a red one.
    The Ghostwheel Project
    "A lot of theoretical crap involving space and time and some notions of some guys named Everett and Wheeler."

:: Spectre : GHOST 38.1 Mk1 : GHOST 38.1 Mk 2 : GHOST 38.2 ::

You can buy one of those and take the two backlight led's out and replace em with red ones.
    Need a sig

I'm not sure if case wrap would look as nice as if you made some sort of mix of textures. The game has lots of buildings made of brick, sod, etc... If you used some of these in combination with industrial metal textures I think it would create a nice composition. You could do the whole case like this and have small details like bullet strikes, blood splatter, arabic grafitti, lots of possibilities. You could also mod your own liquid reservoir to look like one of the canister smoke grenades, that would look pretty cool. Here is an example of what I mean by mixing the textures...

It would be alot more work, but you would be happier in the end I think than if you used case wrap. Might even make it into the featured worklog section, ah the fame...
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

OMG that is inspired. WOW dude that is so nice. I love it! man I am lost for words.

Ok a few questions

How can I paint that metal effect

Also how can I make the brick effect.

So the metal and the bricks go over the plexiwindow or unerneath. Or the metal bit ontop and the bricks underneath?

I am not going to touch the reserator as it is very expensive and I dont want to reck its efficency or anything
    Need a sig

Well, if you were going to make it look exactly like the example I would say you need to plan the rest of the case before deciding what type of metal/stone look you are going for. Using the above colors, I think if you left the rest of the case silver it would clash terribly. So you need to think about the whole case and how it will all fit together. That is what makes the difference between an elegant work of art and a compilation of good ideas that don't mix well.
    If you liked the example and wanted to apply it, I would try to find material that looks similar and is durable, lightweight, and preferably inexpensive. You may find some textured paints at Lowes that will give you a similar look but to me it kinda looks like those rubber mats I've seen on floors. You could use one of those and cut the shapes to fit. The bricks on the other hand will obviously be more difficult. You could sculpt them from bondo but this will be very tedious and you best have skills. One thing that comes to mind is children's toys like plastic castles (I had Castle Greyshull from He-man when I was a kid). If they have the right sized bricks and good quality texture, you could make a mold of it and then use it cast you surface (like CrimsonSky did for his Mars rocks). As a matter of fact, you should ask him for ideas on how to do this as I'm sure he would have some. I would definately put the the decor on the outside of the plexi, would look bad on the inside. Start scribbling out some plans for a grand scheme and I think you'll find it to be the most fun of the whole project. I could toss out some more ideas if you like, just ask.
    Jon

Hmmm I really need to think about this. I don't know if I can afford the time and money to do that much work on it. As I am trying to get a job as I have just finished school and I need money for university.

Maybe I will just start with the orginal plan of puting covers over the messy bits. I can allways remove it later.

On another note thank you jdbnsn for your great suggestions.
    Need a sig

Anytime dude.