Thread: Overclocking an Overclock

Razors Edge

Default Overclocking an Overclock

OK title is atractive.

Anyways heres the deal. I am going to run a 2.93 ghz Celeron D in my gmaing rig. But I overclocked it to 3.01 ghz using the biostar bios. Anyways, I also have a 478socket 2.2 GHZ Pentuim 4. Now, heres my questions.

-How much can I over clock my 2.2 ghz Pentuim 4 on a biostar bios. The energy level thing for it is 133 and maximum is 165.
    -Is the highest overclock of my pentuim 4 better then my 3.01 ghz celeron D?

D'Oh

Default Re: Overclocking an Overclock

the p4 should be waaay better at the same frequency (even so, the p4 architecture should be better than the celeron's).. so if u can oc it to 3ghz.. it will leave the cel in the dust.. just google the model of the cpu (code or at least core name) and see what others have did to it it may have great potential.. by the freq you have a celeron d 341, right? it has a bus speed of 533mhz only.. if the p4 is a good one, u have a 800mhz bus on it.. if not... oc it i cant find the 2.2 on sale around, so can't really compare it right now or now it's limits.. but i'd stake my mouse that the p4 can beat the crap of the celeron

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Razors Edge

Damnit, I wanted that mouse

But ymr eal concern is, Is it possible to overclock it to 3 ghz?

rest in peace mate GT40_GearHead's Avatar

well my P4 2.4 ghz, did go to ghz, so with the right ram and cooling it would, yes, you may even get away with air cooling (i did!)

ouu, and it would have to a 2.2 with FSB 800, other wise, 'dont think you have a chance

LOUD AND PROUD !

D'Oh

if i were in the us, i would it give it to you
    what do you mean by energy level? you mean TDP? at this rate, 160 is kinda impossible for air cooling, heatpipe or not.. it kinda sounds more like the fsb.. and as intel uses a quad pumped one.. u would have 133x4=533.. bad.. and a max of 165x4=660... weird number..
    again: do you know what it says on the cpu? the code... 'cause you can google the code and see what u get.. or parts of it.. i do so with every component i buy.. some chips(any chip.. vr, mem, gpu, apu etc) are listed online and you can find their theoretical limits and the practical ones, already found by others.. hihi
    oh, and the markings tell u the "birthday".. can be helpfull in finding previous overclocks, as these will be close or even before the release date of the official chip.. and more "mature" overclocks after that time frame..
    only u can try to find the max oc..

|Projects: =N0Name= =Tensa case= || Life: waiting for the download to be completed... BSOD"|

Razors Edge

OK say it does reach 3 ghz, All I have is a monster heatsink for it, a little bigger then avarage, and a Thermaltake Smart Case Fan (4800 rpm tops). Will that be able to keep it cool?

It should do fine but i'd get more/better cooling as the next upgrade
    You Dont Spread Democracy Through The Barrel Of A Gun.