Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did anyone here go to college while working a full time job?

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: Did anyone here go to college while working a full time job?

a short term class is a 4 week long class. they suck because they are 3 month classes compressed into 4 weeks. so it's like 4 hour a night classes for 3 nights a week plus 2 or 3 hours of homework every night, double on weekends. it's just a ridiculous workload.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    you need oxygen, fresh clean water, minimal amounts of food, a roof-like substance over your head, and tuition money. With the possible exception of medications almost everything else around you is not only an unnecessary expense but also a distraction.

the power to get it done isn't evident until you are in the fire. Then, it's the rush you feel from accomplishment that drives you ever further. My advice would be identify what you would love to do all day long for a living and drop all the baggage, and drive...
    AMEN

I am right outside of Pittsburgh. In the fall I have a choice of going to P.T.I or a local tech school called penn commercial. This thread has answered a few of my questions I ve had. I will be working full time to pay for school so I don't owe any money back.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

WWMD- What Would MacGyver Do? Mark_Hardware's Avatar

Yeah, I go to school full time for BioMedical Engineering during the day, and work 12 hour shifts at night, 60 hours a week.
    My name is Mark Hardware, and I approved this message.

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

As others have said, yes, it is definitely possible. I worked part-time (10-20 hr/week) when I was in college full-time, and have attended classes part-time while I have been working full-time. I also know many people who have worked full-time while going to school full-time. Hell, I know a few people who worked multiple full-time jobs while going to school full-time. Can't say I would particularly recommend that route, but it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    My advice would be identify what you would love to do all day long for a living and drop all the baggage, and drive...
    /\This. A thousand times this.

I know way too many people in careers that they hate, who feel trapped there because they have on that road too long to change. I know it's scary, but if you feel like you're getting in a rut like that, it is much better in the long term to take the time to figure out what you really want to do with your life, and cut and run from where you are to a path to get to where you want to be.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

I'm going to college part-time and working 30h a week at one job, and about 8-10h a week at the other.

It's certainly possible, but it is NOT fun. Waking up at 8am, going to class until 2, get to work at 3, work until nearly midnight, then come home and try to get some studying done. On top of all of that, my boss wants to promote me which requires studying for work too...

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Would You kindly... luciusad2004's Avatar

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm glad to here that it can be done. I guess now I just have to figure out how actually get back in to school. I've been out for around 3 years now. I'm not sure if i should ease into it and take some courses to refresh stuff I've already learned or just Bite the bullet and try to pick up were i left off.
    What if I'm a Snowstorm burning
    What if I'm a world unturning.