Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Alder's New Case!

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Default Re: Alder's New Case!

I like alot

Custom Title Honors

Nice, definitely like the after pics of routing. Though I don't mind the mazes either with the kids. lol

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Looks much cleaner. Very nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Shut up and take my money!

Alright small update:

Things left to do and status on those:

PSOne Screen: both the screen and the graphics card I needed for it are in the mail, hopefully should have them soon. Once they get here, the real fun shall begin!

Case Badges: TLHarrell is going to be making me some really sweet acrylic case badges, that I will light up with some LEDs So, a shout out to him and his business, White Light Laser Engraving The sample image he made for me can be found here. So for this, I picked up a bunch of LEDs, and will be experimenting with them as to placement, and other uses for them. I may try to leech some power off of the fan's touch connection on the door panel, to put some LEDs on there instead of having the light bar above the window on the case frame.

After those are done, I should be finally able to call this case closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw
    Will have another Aldersan pic in a bit.

Myrmidon

Eagerly waiting to see
    Quote Originally Posted by Twigsoffury View Post
    measure for two days.
    cut once.
    In the pipeline: PRO-49776

Minor Update:

Got the screen, and got it in place! Just waiting on the video card now to see if it actually works!

Also, I decided to name my pc Myrmidon since it sounds awesome and no one else has taken it

Myrmidon

Send me the sizes for the screen frame and I'll cut you a little .06" black bezel to cover the fugly edge.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin

Okay, minor update, no pics yet though sadly

I still haven't been able to get the screen working, will keep trying. I did figure out a way to hide the cables fairly effectively though. For powering the LCD I took a Sony PSOne Car Adaptor, the version that had the power brick, and I cut off the cigarette lighter part and swapped it with a molex connection. Works like a charm, but the brick was bigger than a cable . So, I moved all of my drive's down a tray, and put the brick in the top tray, along with the excess cabling for the screen. It's a perfect fit! I had to remove the connection bar in the back of the tray area, but it was simply screwed on and was no biggy at all. I was also able to remove the button from that particular tray, also just screwed on, so now no one can pop the tray out and screw up the wiring Much happier with how that turned out, especially considering since I only have 4 Sata cables for 5 bays, now one isn't being left unused!

The case badges have been made, and should be here this week, again, a big shout out to TLHarrel and White Light Laser Here's a pic he took of them for me, can't wait to get them wired up with LEDs! My plan is to light AMD and NVIDIA green, MSI blue, and OCZ and Corsair white. Not sure on the order yet. If you look on the previous update's pic, underneath the area where the screen is, there's a small flat recessed area between the screen area and the hard drive trays, and that's where I want to put them.

Along with the case badges, I also want to mess with the wiring a bit for the side panel fan, and reuse the door to case touch contacts, and wire some LEDs into the door panel to get some custom LED lighting that doesn't light up my whole desk like the current light bar I have in does lol.

I also ordered some Gentle Typhoons to replace my rad fans, if I like them I will paint them black and white to match my color scheme. They should arrive this week as well.

With that, I should have been done with my pc, but of course, TLHarrel spread his bad influence on me and has me thinking of other possibilities lol.

These are:

Taking off the aluminum faceplate from the rad, as well as the faceplates from the drives, and create a solid plexi panel for the four drive bays. For the window to the res, instead of being a rectangle I'd probably have TL cut a hexigonal pattern like the mesh in the rear of the case, and also etch Myrmidon into the panel to the right of the res window, which would be lit by white LEDs inserted into the res in the pump side. This would give a custom and very clean look to the front of the drive bays.

Creating a solid black plexi panel to go around the screen. While my first cut wasn't bad, I ended up needing to shift the screen up about 1/8", and this left a lot of open space at the bottom in the mesh, which looks really bad. Also combined with the fact that the screen bleeds a lot of light around it, and that you can see the circuit board behind it, really makes me want to clean that up a bit.

Creating a covering panel for my motherboard, like the Sabertooth P67 has. The initial plan right now is to use smoke colored acrylic, and etch a pattern into it and paint the etchings white, so they give some detail. We still have to check clearances and things like that, but this seems like a cool idea.

Let me know what you think! Comments and suggestions are welcome and encouraged!

Alder

Myrmidon

Minor(ish) update!

Fans and case badges came in today! I got the fans in, and tested them! I had also messed with overclocking settings yesterday and they helped my decision.

Noiseblockers @ 4.0ghz folding: 47C
    Noiseblockers @ 4.2ghz folding: 51C
    Gentle Typhoons @ 4.2ghz folding: 47C

Since the new fans brought my temps back down to where I liked them before, even with the new overclocking, I decided to keep them. Thus I painted them and reinstalled them!

Power off:

Power on:

TERRIBLE pics, I know, but when I finish the build I'll attempt to get some much better pics.

As far as other things go, the fans came with the PERFECT adapter for my door fan plans: it was 3pin to 3pin(yellow only) + molex. This was exactly what I was planning on needing The yellow 3pin on the 200mm fan actually controls the LED color instead of the speed like normal, so I plugged that back in to the fan controller on the case, and plugged the molex in. With the molex feeding full power, I then put some resistors on the fan wiring in the door panel to lower the speed back down to where I had it. Now I have full power going to the door and can use that for LEDs, whenever they arrive!

And that brings me to where I am now. Waiting for more parts!

Myrmidon

Good to see you got the fan wiring sorted out so you can use the door contacts.
    I have a hammer! I can put things together! I can knock things apart! I can alter my environment at will and make an incredible din all the while! -Calvin