Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: High pitch whine from PC ~help!

Fresh Paint

Default Re: High pitch whine from PC ~help!

original link was wrong sorry my bad.

So i hooked everything back up except the Samsung hdd and the computer seems to work fine... i ran a high end game and i now have my dvd rom drive plugged in and the watt usage on the back sits t 65 on idle 100ish on elevated use and max of like 170 in a high end game. I had the computer right next to my head... the super loud whine was gne but idk if i was hearing things/paranoid but i did hear a faint hum/whine but even my 360 controller battery pack charger makes that noise... so im assuming thats a normal functioning sound. Im still a lil bit worried but i dont really have the money right now to buy a new PSU..i could but id have to dig into my savings... idk am i paranoid? should i get a new one asap. any advice is valued.

is my PSU: http://www.highpowersupply.com/hpc560A12s.html

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Getting the right voltage out from the wall outlet? Under supplied capacitors can scream while they attempt to "fill"

Same thing as disposible camera capciators going eeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe When you hit the charge flash button.

But that could of happened if the power company didn't have a exact 110v at the time (tends to happen more around the evening and early morning when most people are sucking juice)

Use a multimeter/voltmeter to make sure your yankin 110v from the walls. (or what ever it should be according to your area)

Fresh Paint

yah thats not the problem lol.