Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: project: Fukushima Reactor Rebuild

Default Re: project: Fukushima Reactor Rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by msmrx57 View Post
    Why yes, yes it is.
    i guess i could post up in the section about other things you have modified and show off my homebrew set up but i think this is a family site... yet i think keeping daddy happy and drunk does make a happy family hahahahahahahahaha

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Nothing wrong with posting a homebrew build. We have quite a few brewers around here (in fact, I think some of the moderators are). As long as you're not promoting illegal activity I think you should be find.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Nothing wrong with posting a homebrew build. We have quite a few brewers around here (in fact, I think some of the moderators are). As long as you're not promoting illegal activity I think you should be find.
    home brewing beer is perfectly legal here in the states.

you just cant produce "spirits" A.K.A Liquor.

Well aside from posting about brewing... I finally got the chance to something productive

I built the radiation detector( radio wave detector) and i feel like a kid testing it out on every cell phone i can... So i am pretty freaking excited that it worked on the first go

If i can figure out a way to compy the images url from my flickr account via the iphone i will post the two shots i have of it

If not its the most recent pics on my flickr page

Flickr.com/photos/robertfischer

I belive thats my url

Alright i am smert

Ok and in a minute i will post the directions that came with the kit so u can see how frustrated i was hahhhahahahahah

The plan is to now Pull the sensor off and place it on top of the case and set the batteries up there too with a switch then place the board in a box with an acrylic cover on it that has been scuffed to create a box of glowing green radiation... So that any object that puts off signals around the range of the sensor will make the box glow...

I thought about putting a cone dish ( because a true parabolic dish would make the reception range even more narrow than it already is) so that it will have a wider range... And place that on the tower but there is no dish on the towers only whip antenna ... But i still might do it... Not Sure though

I feel like im talking to my self but it helps me think of ideas if i type them out or write them down... Sorry

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Its best to just talk it out. Use your worklog as your notebook.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

It looks like that sensor is just a small inductor, so if you extend it, make sure you twist the wires. I forget why, something about maintaining the magnetic field.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    It looks like that sensor is just a small inductor, so if you extend it, make sure you twist the wires. I forget why, something about maintaining the magnetic field.
    twisted pairs just keep its from getting interference... its a good thing and the wire i have is already twisted and will end up getting electrical tape on it...

it has a potentiometer on it so even if there was some loss in the cable its going to get amped... and since i dont have to pass any coms on this it can have some saturation... because it wouldnt hurt anything... its just for looks

the only thing i am worried about is that the sensor can only pick stuff up in its line of sight... which is weird because i figured it would work more like a crap whip antenna... so i am going to build something to help bring the signal in more... a simple piece of wire could help ... but i am going to try and figure out a good way to make it better... maybe a wire parabolic or something like that... thats later on anyways... i still have to make the box this thing is going to set in... finish making the case look like it was in an explosion... and drink beer along the way...

plus i have to move to maryland hahahaha