Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Random Shutdowns?

mentally overclocked Cale_Hagan's Avatar

Default Re: Random Shutdowns?

i swapped out almost everything, my desktop i believe hates me. i think there is some unsung rule about me and computers. it seems i am only allowed to have 1 working computer at any given time. i finally fixed my laptop, then immediately my desktop eats it. i swapped mainboard cpu ram combo at once, no avail. then swapped psu. no help. removed almost every last thing, reinstalling. swapped hdd's. next im going to check and see if my install disk is an issue. then ill swap optical drives, and grfx cards. then it will be completely different. i hate this.
    i am taking the next day off, to not repair it. im frusterated enough as-is.

btw, i will never buy creative products again, my first nib didnt work right out of the box, second did for a couple weeks, then died. the most reliable one i had, was a refurb one, it just died after two months. i know that is one thing locking it up.
    Last edited by Cale_Hagan; 04-17-2011 at 02:53 AM. Reason: added info
    "The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

“Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.” -George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by DynamoNED
    Any contest that lacks integrity is no contest at all

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

Is it BSODing or just powering off?
    TheMainMan

well, it would just lose power completely. i swapped out almost all the hardware, and it hangs at windows install after copying files then reboot and freeze....
    im going to try to get it stable, then swap back in my parts slowly.... >.> i swear there is an unknown law that i am able to only have 1 computer at a time working, as once i fix one, i lose another.
    "The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

Do you have another place you could plug it in? If it's still doing the same thing with all new parts your problem may not be the computer itself. Do you have it plugged into a power bar/surge protector?
    TheMainMan

it works now. the creative originally locked it up, it bsod'd and wouldnt stop it so i tried reinstall. it was bad media. the same media for 7 i used about 5 days ago. =/ thank god for backups. now the only problem is i swapped out my graphics cards (the two 6870s) for 2 5870s and a 9800gtx+ to fold better, and the 5870s work fine, but when i try to install 9800 drivers, it says i dont have one.... =/

edit: i feel lucky it isnt the caps, but frustrated it took 6 hours to figure out bad media...
    Last edited by Cale_Hagan; 04-19-2011 at 03:41 PM. Reason: additional info

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cale_Hagan View Post
    it works now. the creative originally locked it up, it bsod'd and wouldnt stop it so i tried reinstall. it was bad media. the same media for 7 i used about 5 days ago. =/ thank god for backups. now the only problem is i swapped out my graphics cards (the two 6870s) for 2 5870s and a 9800gtx+ to fold better, and the 5870s work fine, but when i try to install 9800 drivers, it says i dont have one.... =/

edit: i feel lucky it isnt the caps, but frustrated it took 6 hours to figure out bad media...
    Wait... you have 2 different GPU's in your system??

i decided to leave my 2 6870s in it. my computer works now!

just started to randomly shut down again. i swapped the evga mobo out for an asus rampage gene ii i had laying around. hopefully it will fix it.