Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Games to try

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default More Games to try

I've played Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas, and a little bit of Morrowind. Just wondering what to do next?

I've looked at Boderlands, Gothic 3, Dead Space 2 and Neverwinter Nights. I've already ordered Rage from Bethsoft and will be playing the new Skyrim when it comes out in Sept (?).

Crysis 2 looks really good, but I never played the first one

For me, it really needs to be first person. I can't stand looking over my character's shoulder all game. I need to see out of his eyes. Also, I hate team games. I would much rather get a quest/mission and do it alone and not have to move around and avoid shooting teammates. What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by TheGreatSatan; 03-22-2011 at 09:31 AM.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: More Games to try

duke nukem is supposed to be out sometime soon.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

If you like FPSs, I would highly recommend playing through Crysis and Crysis Warhead, then Crysis 2. The first 2 at least (haven't had a chance to play Crysis 2 yet; it just came out today and my PC is MIA) had great gameplay...not the best story ever, but apparently they made that a primary goal with Crysis 2.

Borderlands is also great. A nice mix of FPS and RPG.

I haven't seen Rage yet...that sounds awesome! I'll have to get it.

Oh, and btw, Skyrim is currently slated for a November release (11/11/11).

For more of a pure FPS, if you haven't played them yet, the single-player campaigns of COD: Modern Warfare and COD: Modern Warfare 2 are awesome. I know a lot of people hate on them for the multiplayer issues, but personally I don't care..I don't do multiplayer, and even if I did, a game should be able to stand on its singleplayer campaign alone, IMO.

Bulletstorm sounds fun, but I haven't tried it yet. They did actually release a demo, so you can grab that and give it a try.

And yes, Duke Nukem Forever is actually coming out soon. That one definitely sounds fun.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

duke nukem forever hopefully will be worth the wait, im also immensely interested in Dead Island

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

I second Crysis and Crysis Warhead.

Have you played either of the Bioshock games? I swear the atmosphere and setting alone were enough for me to play it again. I'd play it even if there weren't any bad guys to shoot, just to wander around and look at the place.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

skyrim will be out on 11/11/11.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

I bought Crysis 2 today
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Did you ever give Dark Messiah a try?

PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Heheheh, I remember Dark Messiah. Great gameplay...awesome gameplay... Story/etc unfortunately was not quite up to par though. Lots of really interesting and fun combat and movement mechanics though.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Bullestorm is on sale right now for $23.96 on the IGN Store with code "ignpcstore'

edit: Ignore. Didnt realize it was only a daily deal.
    EVGA P55 LE :: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8 GHz w/ Zalman 9500 :: 2x 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 :: ATI Radeon 5850 :: Micro Center G2 64GB SSD :: Samsung F3 1TB :: Western Digital 320GB :: X-Fi Xtreme Music :: Corsair TX-750w :: Windows 7 64-Bit :: Lian Li PC-9F