Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think I'm a mac geek now

Custom Title Honors

Default Re: i think im a mac geek now

macs are for people that don't know how to use computers. blah.

i think i found the best use for a mac reading through the worklogs here...... rape them of parts to use for cool mods for your pc.

besides, macs are nothing more than pcs now anyway running osx. they use teh same components, the same processors, the same ram. nothing special but the warantee.

The hatred is unfounded. People just like being partial to one brand over the other while making another one out to be the devil, then they rationalize that it's because they don't like it for X reason, yet they never go that far with any other product that they don't use or "don't like".

They're just an expensive brand. So are a lot of other brands (alienware).

I prefer windows for only one really honest reason, because I'm used to it and I like the familiarity. That's all it ever is at the end of the day.

OVRiDe i left certian details out for a reason lolz
    xr4man, u rly need to take a look at the terminal.. its a unix based system so there is alot more than meets the eye
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Meh, if I wanted BSD I would use BSD. I will admit though, they have done a good job making their software work well together. As long as you stay in the garden, all is well.

I'll take my Linux Thinkpad any day.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by LiTHiUM0XiD3 View Post
    Im not running a actual mac... just the os.. Im looking to get a mbp tho
    I want to get an MBp too!! However Personally I would wait 'till June. There are supposedly some sweeeet new pro's coming out soon. But you didn't hear it from me.
    It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.

I haven't made the jump to Mac or osx, but I can't get enough of my iPhone. I'm on my second one. Upgraded to the i4 from a 3G two weeks ago. My wife is hooked now too

love my 3GS but i think im gunna wait for i5... apparently it will be dual CPU with dedicated GPU.... i love the i4... i just cant justify the costs yet..
    command line looks a hell of alot smaller on the high resolution i4 screen
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.