Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lcd panel mounting.

Default lcd panel mounting.

i was thinking about possibly getting another 19 inch full screen and running the monitors together as one. the problem is i can't figure out how to mount the lcd panels. i know take the casing off and all that, but after that how do i do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

Default Re: lcd panel mounting.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze15301 View Post
    i was thinking about possibly getting another 19 inch full screen and running the monitors together as one. the problem is i can't figure out how to mount the lcd panels. i know take the casing off and all that, but after that how do i do it.
    What? lol

Didn't it come with a stand? Or are you using the VESA mount on a 3rd party stand? If the later, there are 4 holes in the back of the monitor that you line up with the 4 holes in the stand and put screw through them...

Are you thinking of using this as if it were one widescreen?
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

im talking about panels like this

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...1t:429,r:3,s:0

and then the metal back where the board and everything is stored will stay intact. im trying to figure out how to cut down the 3 inch gap between my two monitors.

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

and then the metal back where the board and everything is stored will stay intact. im trying to figure out how to cut down the 3 inch gap between my two monitors.
    Ah, in most cases you can't. The thin bezel monitors often are already scrunched down as far as possible. Under the bezel is a metal frame that holds several layers together and provides support for the whole assembly. Sometimes the PCB also extends all the way to the edges...depends on the model. Though, if there is a 1.5" bezel there is likely room that can be cut out. You'll have to take it apart to find out.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

/\ this. also, you'll need to custom fab a mounting system for the panels as well

I have been toying with this same idea and have found some aluminum t-channels to use.

Check out THIS site for examples.

There is a window manufacturing place near where I work and I am going there in the next few weeks to pick up some samples to see what would work best.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Assuming you're starting with normal monitors and stripping the plastic shells off them, the VESA mounts will still be there, so it's just a matter of making an arm that holds them all in place, connecting at the VESA mounts, then making an enclosure of your liking.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Assuming you're starting with normal monitors and stripping the plastic shells off them, the VESA mounts will still be there, so it's just a matter of making an arm that holds them all in place, connecting at the VESA mounts, then making an enclosure of your liking.
    Good point.

I had also thought about using the aluminum channel or l angle stock to create a mount. The main drawback would be the non adjust-ability of each panel. One way around this is to mount part of the stand to the custom braket and then each monitor can be adjusted. For me it may not be a big deal and instead I might just mount the panels to the U channel and then the u channel to a stand.
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    yeah that is where i get stuck. i cant figure out how to hold the panels in place securely without hurting the actual screen.

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

yeah that is where i get stuck. i cant figure out how to hold the panels in place securely without hurting the actual screen.
    http://www.google.com/search?client=...=Google+Search