Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new workshop.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default My new workshop.

So I got bored tonight and decided to start working on getting my new workshop into a useful state. First, some background. My house, unfortunately, has no garage (yet... ), but there is a large shed that, I think, used to be a small apartment..very small, it's about 150-200 sqft.

Flyover shot of part of my property, with the shed circled:

Outside view:

Inside, let's see, some inside, 'before' shots:

Yes, that is a big pile of old dressers with no drawers...yeah...like I said, the previous owners were a bit..odd...

Now, that little wall thing is just in the way, and the board across the ceiling is just in the way of the light unit I'm putting in, so..

Ahh, that's better.

Lumber waiting for a much better use...most likely building either the new workbench or shelves.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Default Re: My new workshop.

oh i love things like this. just add on to that little shack. then before you know it you have a wholenother house in your back yard.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

Haha, no, no additions to the workshop...I am planning on refinancing and building a garage this summer though.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Hmmm...isn't that thing attached to your house with the driveway leading up to the garage door a garage?

Quote Originally Posted by x88x
    Yes, that is a big pile of old dressers with no drawers...yeah...like I said, the previous owners were a bit..odd...
    What? Clearly, that's a redneck bookshelf. The drawers are probably stacked as a coffee table somewhere.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    Hmmm...isn't that thing attached to your house with the driveway leading up to the garage door a garage?
    Nope, just a carport.
    (note: car in pic isn't mine; this is a pic I mirrored from the listing and I can't be bothered to take a new picture myself. )
    --Benjamin Franklin

I forgot to post this last night, but I found this on one of the sheets of old drywall that I pulled down. I thought it was interesting.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Looks like it may have been a garage back when it was built. The problem is back then they built garages for Model-T's not full size sedans of today, so they are almost worthless today as a garage. We have a bunch of garages like those in my neighborhood, and pretty much all of them have been converted to living space. The shed looks like it has LOTs of potential.

Nope, the original house was actually just the left (from the road) part. The L-shaped section going off it, including the carport, was built in 95. I'm not entirely sure why they didn't go ahead and pay the extra little bit to make it a couple feet longer and enclose it... It's a nice little ~400-450-ish sqft area that's been finished off as an efficiency apartment. Once I get my stuff out of there (it was the staging point for everything while I was moving in, so consequently it still has a lot of boxes in it) and actually put in a proper door between the two sections I'll be renting it out. Nice little side income that should let me pay off the mortgage in about 10 years instead of 30.
    --Benjamin Franklin

i love projects like this, ill keep an eye on it.

I added a nice big 8' florescent light on the ceiling on Sunday..with a switch! No more climbing on top of a microwave to screw in the single bulb! I'll grab a picture tonight.

Next step is to break down all the dressers and build real shelves along that wall...out of scrap 2x4's and plywood.
    --Benjamin Franklin