Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a question for the Network guys....

Default a question for the Network guys....

Everything I do seems not to work..
    Here is the problem.. I can't get onto my own server.. I have a website www.primocustoms.com and the email is through Cpanel.. SGTM can get on it all but I can't I have reset the modem and the router to factory defaults andI can't seem to get on it.. this has been about 4 weeks now and I need to get my email.. if there is anything you guys might think of that I'm doing wrong please let me know.. Any suggestions. anything..

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Default Re: a question for the Network guys....

Just not coming up at all?

try opening a command prompt and flushing your DNS.

Also, if you're using Internet Explorer, try clearing cooks, cache and temp. internet files.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

Yep, we did all that, Joe. Rick, you reset everything already, and still can't get on? Have you tried connecting directly again? It might be time to call your ISP again and let them know. I'll call you on my way in to work.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

So you can't touch it at all? I'm guessing you've tried just a basic ping? That should let you know at least if the problem is on a higher network layer. I would recommend contacting your ISP though, some automated system may have blacklisted your IP...you know, because you were trying to connect to it a lot or something, must be malicious.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

I am a little bit confused so you can't access the email? or is the the server as a whole you cannot access.

If you cannot access the server then their may be a routing problem or theplanet may have blacklisted the IP range you enhabit. One way to check this using a proxy.

The IP address for the site lives in the block 209.62.0.0/17 the server IP is 209.62.39.11 I would suggest pinging an IP address close to this as without knowing the subnet it is hard to exactly diagnose. Try and see if you can ping 209.62.39.6

Also consider checking the IP table on the server as if you are running fail2ban or denyhosts and you failed log in a couple of times in a row it may have premenatenly locked you out and be dropping your IP address. One way to get around this is to reset your modem if your ISP hands out dynamic addresses.

Lets us know

Cheers
    Need a sig

It's the whole server he can't access. He can't see his own site. I'm on the phone with him now.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtM View Post
    It's the whole server he can't access. He can't see his own site. I'm on the phone with him now.
    I eddited my post slighty get him to try what I said above
    Need a sig

I think it's on the host end. I just had him tracert.. his last hop was po1.car11.hstntx2.theplanet.com [74.55.252.166] ...which is just before their DNS server.

Here's my tracert...

Quote Originally Posted by SgtM View Post
    I think it's on the host end. I just had him tracert.. his last hop was po1.car11.hstntx2.theplanet.com [74.55.252.166] ...which is just before their DNS server.

Here's my tracert...
    Get him to trace route to 209.62.39.6.

So he reaches po1 and the packet is dropped I take it. I suggest you raise a ticket with the planet and say users can't access from this IP address/range. Interesting he is dropped that far in. How many hops is he away from po1 out of interest?
    Need a sig

Yep.. it was the host. I had him start to submit a ticket through the host, and he got a warning saying his IP address was blocked. There was an option to unblock it, and he did. All is well now. This is odd though, because when the problem first started, he was able to directly connect to his cable modem (bypassing his linksys router) and get on. So I was thinking it was the ISP.