Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I've been doing a Pretty Crazy Diet

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Re: I've been doing a Pretty Crazy Diet

I've tried lot of diets and I don't always do so well. For me, eating healthy means I lose weight at an insanely slow rate. There are plenty of sites with people who have extreme caloric restrictions and do it for years with no problems. There will be days where I'll eat a thousand calories or even more, but not often. I have a very hard time shedding weight and must resort to whatever means to lose it. Once I get low enough to where I'm happy, I'll change it up a bit, but I'm never going back to 1000+ average calorie days

I've used HCg and ephedra and steriods back in the early 2000's and getting all of that food and drugs out of my system is the best way to lose weight.

BTW, I dropped another 2lbs. I'm now down 27lbs total!
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Quote Originally Posted by billygoat333 View Post
    drinking diet soda every once in a while after about 3-4 months)
    Just a FYI, regular soda is actually healthier then the diet soda. It just has a higher amount of energy.
    Projects: RGB Tower - Custom CPU water block

Watching someone else use your computer is like watching a drunk orangutan solve a rubix cube. They have no idea what they're doing and you just wish they'd hand you the damn thing so you can do it yourself.
    -TheOatmeal

Quote Originally Posted by Diamon View Post
    Just a FYI, regular soda is actually healthier then the diet soda. It just has a higher amount of energy.
    I've read that before. I don't drink soda that much at all anyways anymore. like maybe once every two weeks or more. usually when I indulge in some fast food.

Plus diet soda won't rot your teeth

PS weighed myself @ the gym today (went for the first time in over a month) and I tipped the scale at 177 lbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

If people want a healthy, but expensive diet, you can try Ideal Protein. It's a doctor monitored diet. It's one of those meal replacement things, but you'll lose fat quickly without losing muscle mass. The key to why it works is Ketosis. Why you don't lose muscle mass is because of the high amount of protein you eat.

Also, extreme caloric restriction can be done without losing a ton of muscle. The big drawbacks to caloric restriction are the lower brain function and the fact that you barely get to eat anything. Most of us like eating, so that's a pretty big drawback.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by d_stilgar View Post
    The big drawbacks to caloric restriction are the lower brain function
    I like thinking too..it makes me happy. ...also rather makes my employer happy.

EDIT:
    Also, my personality gets messed up when I'm hungry...I'd rather not walk around all the time with low self-confidence and high paranoia...
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    I don't get what you're saying....
    1g of protein is 4 calories and a gram of fat is 9 calories.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Quote Originally Posted by dr.walrus View Post
    It's one thing to do it yourself, it's another to start suggesting this extreme sort of thing to someone else.

Does anyone on this website try to lose weight in a sensible fashion?! How about portion control and exercise?!
    He's doing an extreme diet already that's actually less healthy for him since he's on a low-cal diet and not in ketosis. His body is still thinking it should be getting carbs so it goes for any available fat and muscle it can to get nourished, including normal and structural fats which are the fats you don't want to lose.

It's nice you are concerned about our safety but honesty, the ones doing/considering these type of diets are big boys and can decide if they want to do them or not... Portion control and exercise combined with a healthy diet will always be the way to go but some people want a jump start on it since for some, the weight comes off way too slow to stay motivated for a year or more just to lose 50lbs.

TGS, be sure to reintroduce calories very slowly or you will gain a lot of the weight back immediately. If you're on a low-cal diet for too long your body will go into starvation mode and hold on to what it gets if it thinks it's in that caveman like state of food being scarce then suddenly a large meal.

Christ, you're suggesting he injects himself with pregnancy hormones off the internet. I'm not having this argument about something so patently moronic again

He can go to a clinic if he has medical but it's the same HCG you'll receive at a doctors office. Funny how thousands of people have done it at home without any problems. I'm done arguing about it as well... to each his own. I'd just much rather lose weight quickly if possibly then continue on with diet/exercise after.
    Before bootcamp I ran 15 miles a week (not including bike rides and hikes), ate extremely healthy and only lost about a pound or 2 a week. That's all fine and dandy if you have 10lbs to cut/maintain but if you're looking at 20-100+lbs... **** that.

WWMD- What Would MacGyver Do? Mark_Hardware's Avatar

What I want to know is, what do you mean exactly be "lifestyle change"
    I just ask, cause last time I heard someone say that, they then came out of the closet...

Just sayin
    My name is Mark Hardware, and I approved this message.

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)