Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Samsung 226BW issues

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: Samsung 226BW issues

yea I used those when I first got the monitor from you, and had it hooked to my 3870x2. It worked perfectly then. now with my 5850, CCC gives me the option for 1680x1050 now, but only @30hz (which the monitor will not display)

I used that driver, and installed the analog version (vga cable) and device manager shows it as the samsung 226bw monitor, but the windows display and CCC both show it as std vga monitor still.

I'm just waiting on my dvi cable to come in and I'll see if that changes anything

Huh. I'm sorry it's giving you so much troubles with your rig. On my two rigs once I got the right driver it worked great. And on my laptop for whatever reason it found it via vga as 1680x1050 60hz without having to do anything.

My rigs were all nVidia though, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Odd.

well on my 3870x2 once I installed that driver you pointed me to it worked fine, but for some reason won't do 60hz on my 5850...only 29 or 30! lol

That is odd.

When you get the new cable, take a look around for the digital version of that driver if you haven't already. I had to use the digital version to get it working correctly via dvi.

the driver I downloaded has both analog and digital versions, so I think I'm set.

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    My rigs were all nVidia though, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Odd.

I don't even install CCC anymore because of problems I've been having with it over the past year or so. It doesn't fully support my grandpa-card these days anyway.
    I wouldn't blame DriverSweeper, a monitor, VGA cable, or anything else not coded by ATI for these problems...
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

well CCC is the only thing that even shows me a 1680x1050 option, albeit at 30hz lol

the windows display manager doesn't even let me select 1680x1050, wither 1440x900 or 1600x1200 which this monitor will not display

well I give up. Apparently the cable I needed WAS a DVI-D, but the DVI doesn't work on this monitor

And apparently the is a "C" panel, which is made in China and NOT made by Samsung.

Through swapping cables, uninstalling/reinstalling drivers, it worked once. It let me put it to 1680x1050@60Hz, until I restarted. Now it's back to 1440x900 and won't let me select 60Hz anymore. I give up.

Samsung will never have my business

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

That is really weird.

I know it doesn't help this situation, but this is one of those one in a million cases. Between home, work, and friends, I've worked with probably around 100 different Samsung panels and have never had any problems with them. In fact, in my experience they tend to outlast and be better built than most other manufacturers, only beaten out by HP. Just saying..don't necessarily give up on a manufacturer because of one bad apple.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

well walmart has a 23" 1080 HP monitor for $199, so as soon as I can offload this thing I'll be picking that one up lol