Thread: minecraft beta.

Default minecraft beta.

minecraft will be going into beta around the 20th. so with this comes a few things such as a price increase and the promise of getting everything after you pay for the game free will be gone. so if you haven't picked up your copy get it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

Default Re: minecraft beta.

Well those who buy before it goes beta, or have already purchased, still get the promise of all future updates free. The wording just sounded off in your post.

What I find odd, maybe it was how I was reading notch's post, was that those who pay a higher price once beta goes live, only get updates until the retail release. So you have to pay for it only in beta? Then buy the retail release. Odd system. The old way made sense, as it seemed more like a preorder in which you get all alpha/beta access. If you have to pay for beta (if you buy after beta goes live that is) and then still have to pay for release, that just seems odd. If I hadn't already purchased two copies, I would just wait till retail. No point in buying beta then having to buy again at retail.

Still waiting on hell to be put into smp. It's easy to say woulda-coulda, but if I was Notch I wouldn't have split development into two entirely different branches. I would have attempted to have single player have the same server backend with a trigger at runtime to use a local server (SP) or network/web(SMP). I know how long it can take to rewrite/implement something like that though so I can see why he wouldn't change things now. It's just a pain to have to develop for two separate branches (separate bugs, having to implement everything twice, etc). This leads me to think the support/feature cycle is going to be slim once the game goes live and will taper over time; but the game is great as is and will be great. I think the thought of having to go through the development cycle twice for the same thing is going get to him eventually and he's just going to move onto something new twice as fast as if there were just one branch/fork.

Ahh, went a bit random there. To put it short, game is great. Buy it now while it's cheap and get in on all the free update goodness.

so basically, this game is about building stuff with 8 bit boxes. I sort of get the appeal... but don't see myself playing it that much.

am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

I bought it just so that I could play it eventually. I never seem to get addicted to this sort of thing though.

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

I'm an RA in the university dorm I live in and some of my residents play this religiously. Personally, it's not to my taste but then again I've always had a hard time downgrading from the graphics of games I'm used to. I looked at the website thinking I might get it to play someday but got so turned around with Classic, Beta, Alpha, etc that I just gave up in the end. I can always go watch someone else play if I want I guess.
    TheMainMan

in concept it sounds stupid. but pretty much if you can think it you can do it in game. you can make working circuit boards from scratch. rewrite the world how you want it written. its pretty interesting once you get in to it. yous tart off with nothing. and you have to make everything. trust me its worth 13.50
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

meh I see it being like Armadillo run for me. fun as hell for about a week, and haven't touched it since lol

I am Jack's smirking revenge. 985323's Avatar

me and pcclan have a PVP server if anybody wants on just pm me for the IP
    Will