Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone miss the stylus?

Default Re: Anyone miss the stylus?

I think I dislike non-stylus touch screens because I have poor circulation. I get cold easily which seems to make registering touch on a screen difficult. The last touch screen I had didn't have a stylus. I used a DS stylus. It worked well.

I don't really care for touch screens with or without a stylus. I really dislike the stylus though. I recall having to learn a special set of gestures to use my old PDA, which was absurd. Sure it worked well if you learned it, but the learning curve was a waste of my time. There's a reason I gave up and just tossed my PDA in a dark corner, PDAs sucked.
    In Progress An Updated (Mac) Classic
    Completed Performa, BOX
    Hiatus Highrise
    Upcoming NightShift
    Cancelled Dell XPS, Framed, Busy

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ownaginatious View Post
    I've yet to see a modern smartphone with a stylus .
    The N900 has one.

That being said, in almost a year that I've had mine, I can count the number of times I've used the stylus on one hand. I far prefer the keyboard as a method of input to anything that a touchscreen can do, and the zoom function on the web-browser is more convenient than pulling out the stylus if I'm having trouble hitting a tiny link.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by chaksq View Post
    I recall having to learn a special set of gestures to use my old PDA, which was absurd.
    What I liked about the Windows Mobile one was that you didn't have to use the standard "graffiti" methods that Palm pretty much invented. You could write the letters normally (capital or lower case) and it always knew what you meant, as well as several symbols.

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    The N900 has one.
    Just go MARRY your n900, k?

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dr.walrus View Post
    Just go MARRY your n900, k?
    lol
    Hey, I can't help that it keeps coming up.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

You can always buy a used PDA cheap ... I've seen top models like X51v, iPAQ 210, hx2750 selling for ~$10-$20 on eBay and craigslist, 3-packs of styli for $0.99 more. Seems they're just not worth that much anymore if phone isn't integrated, but they've still got WiFi and BT. Sometimes they're even cheaper if the lithiums have died of old age.

I've been thinking of picking one or two up just to salvage the 4" VGA screens, but getting them to work (on, say, a bay-mounted display) would probably turn into too much of a project.
    My mind says Technic, but my body says Duplo.