Thread: Sci-Fi: Fact or Faked

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Sci-Fi: Fact or Faked

We should do our own little thread here of "real" ghost/UFO/Mystery videos. Then we can debate how much we believe it to be real. I've been searching YouTube, but it's hard to find something that may be real among all the obvious garbage.

This might be real. Your thoughts?

WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Default Re: Sci-Fi: Fact or Faked

I don't believe any ghost videos anywhere are real simply because I've thought about faking them myself. That and UFOs caught on film. I faked a UFO video for one of my animation classes. It looked legit until I made it clear that it wasn't.

My grandma had a friend that would wake up to their pantry door open and the contents rearranged and messed up...couple times a week it happened over several months. The friend thought her or her husband was doing it in their sleep or something. It happened while they were on vacation with the house locked up. They freaked out when they learned the previous owner of the home died in their sleep and happened to be very meticulous about that pantry. They sold their house.
    There are plenty of things we haven't discovered yet; ghosts, whatever they might be, could very well be one of them.
    I'll procrastinate tomorrow.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Fake! There is no such thing as ghost, ghouls, or hauntings.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mDust View Post
    There are plenty of things we haven't discovered yet; ghosts, whatever they might be, could very well be one of them.
    /\ This. I can think of plenty of ways to fake what was shown in that movie, or most movies of stuff like that, but that doesn't necessarily mean that there's not stuff out there that we don't understand. Call it what you want, ghosts, paranormal activity, dimensional bleed, magnetic fluctuations, ...aliens f***ing with us.. , idk, point is, we know, really, very little about the universe, so I would not be at all surprised to discover that there's actually an explanation for what we call 'ghosts'/etc.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

I dunno, I want to believe in ghosts but I really don't. Although I've seen some weird stuff, it usually boils down to wind, lighting and reflections.

When I was younger I kept seeing glimpses of a black cat in my house at night (we had two of our own). I remember my mom tripping over one of those cats in the hallway but both of the cats were laying on my bed. I kinda gave up trying to figure it out but it eventually went away until a REAL black cat showed up on our door step one day. My mom started feeding it and it stayed for a few years. Kinda weird.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

fun fact--one of the first ever UFO sightings happened in Great Falls MT near Malmstrom AFB.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

in all my ghost videos this is the only one that i could think would be even half way real

Look in the trees

Gettysburg,PA

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

I've seen that one and it looks too fake. Like a film repeating over and over
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440