Thread: Temple of Fusion - All Your Transistors Will Bow to Me

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Re: Temple of Fusion - All Your Transistors Will Bow to Me

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Good lord that thing is huge!
    They keep getting bigger and bigger
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    1) thats what she said

2) i wonder how long it will be before we have to create a new type of PCI slot to handle the data these things thruput...
    Not dead yet

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diluzio91 View Post
    2) i wonder how long it will be before we have to create a new type of PCI slot to handle the data these things thruput...
    1) I'm pretty sure modern GPUs aren't anywhere near hitting the limits of the current 16 lanes of PCIe 2.x (8GBps).

2) That's what PCIe 3.x if for! (16 lanes == 16GBps).
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatSatan View Post
    They sure do. Hopefully now AMD can push the GPUs to smaller processes. This will help out a lot with the power and size. I know some other stuff, but I like my job at AMD, so I am keeping my closed.

1) thats what she said
    LOL!

I knew someone was going to make that joke. It was only a matter of time

1) I'm pretty sure modern GPUs aren't anywhere near hitting the limits of the current 16 lanes of PCIe 2.x (8GBps).

2) That's what PCIe 3.x if for! (16 lanes == 16GBps).
    Yeah, the GFX cards are not pushing the upper limits of PCI Gen2. I remember when PCIe (Gen1) came out, Tom’s Hardware tested it at 16x, 8x, 4x, and 1x lanes. The 16x, 8x, and 4x were all the same. The performance drop lower in the 1x lane set-up.

I wonder if you program? I see that you used “==” for equal.

Quote Originally Posted by 6-Bolt View Post
    I know some other stuff, but I like my job at AMD, so I am keeping my closed.
    Just the fact that there is "other stuff" makes me much more hopeful. AMD seems to be playing their stuff a lot closer to the chest than Intel and nVidia recently.

I wonder if you program? I see that you used “==” for equal.
    Haha, yup. Once the logic and character recognition patterns in your brain get wired one way it's hard to switch back...plus, I like the explicit, precise nature of the double symbol. No wondering if it's just 'close enough', no wondering if it's meant as an analogy or whatnot, just clear, explicit equation.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Haha, yup. Once the logic and character recognition patterns in your brain get wired one way it's hard to switch back...plus, I like the explicit, precise nature of the double symbol. No wondering if it's just 'close enough', no wondering if it's meant as an analogy or whatnot, just clear, explicit equation.
    This... although math profs for some reason dont like when you accidently write =! on a test...
    Not dead yet

This... although math profs for some reason dont like when you accidently write =! on a test...
    Hahaha, yeah....and then in my discrete data structures course they made us do ~= instead of !=...
    --Benjamin Franklin

Sorry, no update this week. I had a horrible week and ended up in the ER three times. Everything is all right. First time was horrible facial pain, then a drug reaction, and finally I got called back for more blood work that turn out good. I followed the doctor's order and got some rest.

Sad thing, the drug reaction happen on my 5th wedding anniversary. So we spent are night in the ER. I joke with my wife and said, “just wait to see what I do next year for are anniversary.”

Sorry, no update this week. I had a horrible week and ended up in the ER three times.
    Woah, that's one of the better reasons I've heard. I hope everything goes well and you don't end up back there any time soon.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Woah, that's one of the better reasons I've heard. I hope everything goes well and you don't end up back there any time soon.
    Yeah, I thought that people would cut me some slack. I did have a good excuses

I am doing better now. I still feel a little sick, but was able to work a half day on the case.

Taking it Easy - 10/3/2010

After the week from hell, I am taking it easy this week. Last week I had to go to the ER three times. Horrible facial pain, severe drug reaction, and contaminated blood cultures. I am alright now, but still a little weak from last week, so I took it easy and only worked a half day today.

My special order model panels came in and I drove my new Challenger SRT8 down to the hobby store to pick them up. They are going to work great for this build. And the scale of the panels are pretty close for this build. While at the hobby store, I pick up some supplies that I will need. Mostly paint and some brass edging. Here are some pictures of the panels. The first is a stone wall pattern and will be used for the Temple. The next is a cobble stone pattern and will use it on the top of the base.

Next thing is I fixed the three sides of the Temple to the base. After screwing the sides in, I got to work on the door hinges. To make the panels flush on the Temple and the brass flush on the doors, I took some material out with my Dremel. Now the hinges will be flush and the panels and brass plating will not have a problems. I do need to do some sanding on the doors to get them open and close easier.

One of the back pieces was not flush, so I fixed it. There will be panels covering this, but needed to get is flush to work and look better. Now I will not have a problem when adding in brass trim.

I got started on getting the panels cut out for the side of the Temple. One sheet doesn't have the length to cover the side. I plan on using two, and then cover the seem with some brass trim. I will make it so the trim is right in the middle of the side. The brass trim will give it more “bling” factor. In the last pic, you cane see the 90degree angle trim on the base.