Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Temple of Fusion - All Your Transistors Will Bow to Me

Default Re: Temple of Fusion - All Your Transistors Will Bow to Me

Pyramid Power - 1/13/2011

I am glad to say that this week has been good for me. Not only that I am felling a little better, the health insurance is going to pay for the surgery that I need. We (the family) are really excited and I am counting down the days. Until then, I will continue to work on this case.

With the edging finished for the lid and the upper part of the Temple, I moved on to finish it out. The first was getting the corners pieces done. The back ones were a little difficult because it interfered with the PSUs. It didn't take too long with a sander to fix the problem. Once the corners were done, I got the inside angle on the side of the Temple and base done. Here are some pictures of the process.

To get the outer base edging done, I finally had to mount the obelisks to the base. I used some long screws, and it is fairly secure to the base. After that, I got to work on cutting the brass edging. The bad thing about the outer base edging (1.5inX1.5in), I couldn't do 45dgree cuts on the chop saw, because of the size of the edging. I had to do a straight cut, then used the sander to get the 45 degrees. It took awhile, but the look of the edging is going to make the base look great. Here are some pictures of the process.

I only screwed up one piece of edging. I will order it this week, and hopefully shows up next week. With the edging done, I can move onto something I been waiting to do for a long time, build the pyramids for the obelisks. Since it is not a square bottom pyramid, but a rectangle bottom pyramid, it was a little more tricky. I first measured out the front and back triangles. Then I can use the edges of the front and back triangles to make the side triangles. Basically making the length of the sides equal. I used a pneumatic nibbler to do a rough cut of the triangle, then used the sander to straighten and smooth everything out. Then I used plumping welding putty to hold every thing together. For my first time building a pyramid, and came out pretty damn good.

Now I just need to make the other side. After all this brass work, I will have to buff and polish everything. I am glad I pick this up at Harbor Freight the last time that I went. It should make thing a little easier.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Nice work, the pyramid looks great. And that's wonderful to hear about the surgery! I hope it goes well.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Nice work, the pyramid looks great. And that's wonderful to hear about the surgery! I hope it goes well.
    Thanks. Yeah, it is a great relief that the insurance is picking up the tap for the surgery. There is a lot less stress now. Turns out it is going to be two surgeries. The first will be at the end of February, then the second one is in April.

Pyramid & Sanding - 1/26/2011

I finished up the other pyramid. Since it was my second one, it ways a little easier to do. Here is a couple of pictures of the pyramids on the case.

After getting the pyramids done, I moved onto the task of sanding and polishing the edging. I started out with 100grit and got all the scratches out of the edging. It took awhile since, there is a lot of edging to do. The good thing, I am done with the 100grit.

After the 100grit, I moved onto the 220grit.

Next week I will finish up the sanding, and move onto polishing. It going to take some time, but it is going to worth it seeing all the nice shinny brass.

Polishing - 2/12/2011

Work is going slow with the polishing. It is a slow and tedious process. I managed to get the 1.5”x1.5” and 1.5”x1” edging completed. I still got the 1”x0.5” and 0.5”x0.5” to complete.

Work is going slow since I cannot work too much on the project. The good thing is that I have my first surgery on Feb 21st, which is not too far away.

Here is some pics of my progress so far on the buffering. The first pic is the 1.5”x1.5” edging, and the second pic is the 1.5”x1” edging.

Here is the rest of the edging I still needed to polish.

The aftermath of the buffer.

I Smell a Rat - 2/16/2011

I just got this in the mail today. It felt like an eternity for the Mad Catz Cyborg RAT 9 to release onto the market. I finally got my hands on it today. Has a lot of adjustments and weight changes. Even has different pinky rests. The only bummer is that I have to wait 3hours for the battery to charge. After that, I am going to try some games. Here are some pics of this amazing mouse.

All adjusted and ready for some gaming.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Nice. I assume that 3 hours is just for the first charge? I know my MX Revolution charges from dead to full in about an hour, and from dead to 75% in about 30-40 minutes.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Nice. I assume that 3 hours is just for the first charge? I know my MX Revolution charges from dead to full in about an hour, and from dead to 75% in about 30-40 minutes.
    From the instructions, the first charge will take 3hours, then after that ~2hours. The good thing there are two batteries, so you never have to worry about a dead battery.

Custom Title Honors

didn't know the rat 9 was battery powered.

i've had my rat 3 (couldn't justify the cost for the rat 5 or 7) for about 6 months, and love it. i don't do much gaming, but just the feel of it made it worth it.

pyramids look great.

Quote Originally Posted by xr4man View Post
    didn't know the rat 9 was battery powered.

i've had my rat 3 (couldn't justify the cost for the rat 5 or 7) for about 6 months, and love it. i don't do much gaming, but just the feel of it made it worth it.

pyramids look great.
    I am still getting used to the mouse, but it has been the best mouse I have every used so far. The '9' is the only one that is wireless.

Thanks for the words on the pyramids. Took some time to get them right.