Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cpu mobo buggin out.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: cpu mobo buggin out.

I find that a good can of RAID often helps when my computer starts buggin' out on me! Just open the side panel and let it rip!

My advice when stuff goes awry is actually to just take it all apart and put it all back together again. And I mean everything. If that doesn't work, then try going to the extreme and even redoing your heatsinks and thermal paste. That almost always does the trick for me.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

lol we have the same philosophy..... never thought anyone else took the time to do that
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    Or are you talking about vending machine choice C-4?

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

video bios flashing guide

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aintnothang View Post
    how can you tell the difference between a dead mobo or a dead cpu?
    When something on the MBB is bad, I've found that it will normally do something. If the CPU is dead...it won't.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Shame is I dont have another mobo to test it with. I might try to pull it all apart then reassemble it later today or tomorrow after I'm out of class. Could it possibly be a short?
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

its hard to say. ive had some pretty odd things happen to where i still cant explain what happen. ive had my entire computer freeze and would restart,and all i did was wiggle the monitor cord going into the video card and everything worked.

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

So I disconnected all the drives and no sound out of the speaker. But the fans still rev up and down continuously. Tomorrow I will tear it down and rebuild.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Come to think of it, it almost sounds like it's continuously rebooting...check all the power connections; make sure nothing's loose.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

i secind x88x.s idea

mmmmm... skittles....
    bench mark software.

ram was unseated. So now I have to install the new card and drives and install vista.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Ah, the old RAM not being seated correctly problem. I've had that issue with my laptop before, but with different results. That's something about PC's I don't like. It could be a problem you've had before but with totally different symptoms! Annoying! lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.