Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Project : Future Schlock by AnG3L

Overclocked

Default Re: Project : Future Schlock by AnG3L

Time for another update guys!
    Yesterday I did some more adjustments on the mobo tray. I removed 2 mm from the bottom in order to align the holes for the brackets with

the mobos i/o plate. Also changed the screws with rivers on the support plate because its not going to be removable and also its more

sturdy as the screws is not big enough.

Then I had to install the rad holders on the low department. First some measures and marks.

Holes for the screws. These holders will be removable.

Attached with countersunk screws.

Then I removed it to drill holes for the bottom screws.

Perfect!

Then the same procedure for the other rad holder. First for the bottom as the top connections will be different on that.

As I was working a guy came from DHL with a big package. Wonder what is it???

Corsair goodies!!!

Corsair F240 SSD's for the win!!!! One of the fastest ssd's out there!

Corsair Dominator - GT 6GB @ 2000 Mhz

Corsair HX1000 PSU. There is a possibility to use the new AX Professional series Gold from Corsair, I wait for their release, if they

released on the time limit of my job I will use it instead.
    Check the new PSU here : http://www.corsair.com/products/ax1200/default.aspx

Modular cables

Back to work now. In order to attach the second rad holder I needed some spacers for the screws. I went to a couple of stores with no

luck, so I told my self, why dont you do some gothic ones by yourself? Yes gothic ones....!!!

So I used this weicon aluminum repair stick. You work with it as a plasticine, you can give it any shape you want and when it dries you

can drill it, sand it etc.

First cut a small piece:

Then you have to work with it as with plasticine for a couple of minutes so the different chemicals will blend together.

I used a screw to give it the primary shape and let it drie.

Cut it down to the desired length and also file it a little.

Now lets go outside to play with the rotary tool and some bits!

Aluminum engraving bit and lets rock!

I am going to paint them afterward but for now it only assembly and check time.

Industrial with art. Many parts of this case will have an artistic touch but the overall look will be more industrial.

Thats it for now guys. Till next time, keep on rollin'.

A special thanks to my sponsors:

Overclocked

Another update guys.
    I didnt do much these days due to lack of time.
    First of all I attached the motherboard standoffs. I used an old MSI board I had here
    to perfectly align the holes and also position the motherboard in the right place for the
    bracket holes.

I used nuts to secure the standoffs because if your over tight the screws on aluminum surface tends to break the threads. I wanted to buy a tool that inserts threads for screws but
    I didnt have the money but I believe this does the job.

Time to attach one more thing on this case
    This will hold an acrylic creation I am going to do which it will have 2 liquid pass-through channels that they will move the liquid from the radiator to the cpu and from the motherboard blocks back to the reservoir. That way I am going to avoid extra tubing from interfering with the other reservoir I am going to install.

Next I marked for the holes needed to attach the double front intake on the 5,25'' bay
    and also made some threads for the screws.

Using anti-vibration rubber to prevent unnecessary vibration for the fans spreading through the bay and to the hard drives and also reducing extra noise. Also later on I will add more anti-vibration rubber strategically placed in many parts of this mod to prevent noise and vibrations.

Some final pictures for today. Many things to come really soon!!!

And here is what I got from Bitspower today!! Many thanks to Mr.Vincent and also thanks for
    supporting the case modding community, many of us shall understand that without that support many mods wouldnt be alive today! Respect!

Enjoy some Bitspower Pr0n!!!!

Thats it for today folks. There will be a little delay probably due to some extra work I have to do on the acrylic and I might have to wait for a laser cutter to arrive in my friends workshop to do some work, I will keep you updated though! Peace!

man! talk about a mother load... wanna send some of your sponsors my way?
    Not dead yet

Really great work so far! Its nice to have the proper tools to do the job right.

On a side note. I can't help but notice you like to post multiple images of the same thing. They are slightly different angles, but in general show exactly the same thing. Honestly, I find this to detract from what you are trying to show. it just makes me have to scroll father down the page and after a while, kinda got annoying.

Just some constructive criticism, its not a big deal, just thought I'd bring it up.

keep up the good work though, its going to be an amazing case when done.

Overclocked

Thanks guys.

@rendermandan My friend thanks too, in the modding world this is a necessity unfortunately. Many modders like me would like to see how the different components look in various angles for photography reasons but also when I shoot ex. a creation I did many people would like to see the different angles for tips how to create it, where to put a screw or the various pressure points etc. If you see at other modders worklogs you will see the same thing. When I didnt do that many people complained like I did to other modders when I couldnt clearly see in a photo something I wanted to learn or notice. Nice to see some constructive criticism here! Peace

Quote Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
    LoL yeah that would be nice, though my smokes cost me 20 Euros a month which is not so much, health is a priority I know, I wish I wanted to quit because its not that I cant its just I dont want to quit

Indeed
    I hear in NY they costs about 10 American dollars a pack. I smoked clove cigarettes from the age of 16 to 21 and did not quit until I wanted to (also met and married my wife which helped me not to start up again). I am sure when the time is right you will do so. at least all that metal bending keeps you in shape

Overclocked

Indeed my friend, will is the strongest power, I live in a very anxious environment with many negative people and I am a man of peace, this is my relaxing method cause I dont drink anymore, I only drink coffee's and cigarettes! Peace!

You drink cigarettes? Hahaha
    "Don't imitate the world; Create your own."

I smoked for 10+ years. Quitting wasn't an easy thing to do, but when I did it was the "right time" for me. It's been 9 years now and sometimes I still miss the relaxing part of it. But that's all I miss. Anyway, nice progress. I really like how this is coming together.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Overclocked

Thanks guys, quitting isnt an easy step buddy but will is stronger!

One quick update for you guys, not much due to lack of time again.
    I did some work on the 5.25'' cage, first some cuts so it will fit between the chassis corners and angles.

Next the divider, one part will host the fan controller and the blu ray writer and the other
    will host the custom acrylic reservoir and also the pump.

Holes for the rivets

And installed!

Then I attached the double intake so I could perfectly align both cage and intake with the front panel. This is not going to be the final look of the front panel, one more like this but with acrylic will be between the case and the front and also at the sides I will attach some black acrylic corners.

And attached using rivets. The cage wont be removable, I couldnt find a reason why it should be!

And also the hdd cage installed for testing. This is going to be removed again as you will see
    because I will attach some acrylic parts on it and there will be no further testing on the assembly for this part.

2 days ago I received the books from Mr.Robert Krakoff, till now I had only a text version but now I have the real deal!!! Amazing writing, a new style which it will make you feel like you watching a movie! Thanks again for the inspiration my friend!!

So lets go back to modding! After I installed the hdd cage I also attached a hard drive on it
    to see where the wires will be exactly (sata and power).
    This little hole if you believe it or not it took me 2 hours! You know why?
    I forgot to buy some reinforced disks for my dremel and I only had some thin ones for acrylic!
    It was cutting a millimeter - change disk- cutting a millimeter - change disk !!!!
    OMG that was a real PITA!!! But anwz after I cut the main part I used the files and some small
    sanding drums and more sanding at the end to get it done.

More to come, a loooooot to do and many more surprises to follow!
    The updates will be small but frequent I need to minimize the time of working due
    to some negotiations with sponsors, I must get the last parts in order to keep on working.

Till next time, peace my friends!