Thread: LCD GUIs

Fresh Paint

Default LCD GUIs

I have seen some amazing mods with LCD screens and one or two where the modder has programmed a custom GUI for the LCD. I was wondering if there are any good tutorials about setting up a custom interface. I have yet to recieve my LCD (a 4" kit from FrozenCPU) so I haven't been able to tinker with any software yet. I was wondering if some of the IUs were done with something like Flash and controlled with the Ultramon software (as far as making the Flash movie play on the LCD)?

If anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

Default Re: LCD GUIs

I read a thread on bit-tech about the PSOne screens. Alot of them were using UltraMon and Samurize.

Resident Alcoholic

Is it possible to have one monitor just for showing system information - as in, it would not *actualy* be used actively. I want to have a 15" lcd screen in the side of my pc but I want to be able to set it up so that it can still display my system information (temps, disk utilisation, etc. etc.) but when I play a game at the moment, all my monitors apart from the primary monitor turn off! I basicly want to be able to play games full screen on one monitor whilst the one on my case displays all of my temps etc. Would this be possible? Cheers!
    H.

Edit: oh yeah, and I realy dont mean to hijack the thread or anything its just that my question is almost the same as yours and could help you also!

Fresh Paint

Thanks for pointing me towards Samurize, it looks very close to what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Khemenet
    Thanks for pointing me towards Samurize, it looks very close to what I'm looking for.
    Your very welcome.. thats what we are here for.. but its nice to be appreciated.. heh

onelegout-

I have been using Samurize for quite a while and I use Ultramon.. I have dual monitors but I don't have a dedicated one for stats. Basically you can go into options of UltraMon and there is a tab titled Ignored Monitors. Select the monitor you wish to ignore, check the box that says "ignore this monitor" and check the box "ignore enabled monitors". I tested it by placing one of my Samurize configs on my second monitor and following the above procedure. The mouse will then be locked and unable to go to the second monitor and all applications will be routed to the primary monitor. So that should do the trick. It worked for me so I figure it should work for you as well. Now go set it up, make a kick@$$ Samurize config, and take pictures..

Good luck

BTW.. this same procedure should work for the 4" monitor as well.. And of course I wanna see pictures of that too!!!