Thread: Metro 2033

Where the hell is the "any" key? HackSore's Avatar

Default Metro 2033

Anyone played this?

I was rather excited after reading reviews and hearing all the comparisons to Stalker, (which i think is an absolutely amazing game) so i went into it hoping for a tightly scripted stalker-esq horror shooter.

So, so disappointed. Has a lot of potential, but i didnt find myself enjoying it most of the time, and the story just felt flat and unengaging. There seemed to be so many things that were left totally unexplained within the story.That and any game where a guy can take 4 shotgun blasts to the face at point blank range and not die is bound to be frustrating!

Anyone else have any thoughts on the game?

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Metro 2033

I've been playing it for a bit; I'm stuck at those stupid exploding balls though.

I actually really like it overall...probably mostly because I'm a sucker for the whole post-apocalyptic genre though... The plot does leave a lot to be desired, but I found the gameplay and a lot of the mechanics they introduced to be sufficiently well done to hold on their own.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Dont even get me started on the exploding balls bit!! Grr!

Im the same for the post apocalyptic thing, And ever since playing stalker i have had high regard for the way the russians make games.
    Metro was ok, but if the story had been handled better, i think it would have been one to add to my all time favourites list.

Fresh Paint

You can shoot the piles of flesh that the blobs come out of and they will explode and stop making more blobs.... yeah it took me a while to get that down since my cross hairs didnt turn red when aimed at them.

Ooooh, that is going to make it sooo much easier! Thanks! +rep Now I can actually go home and finish the game!
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    You can shoot the piles of flesh that the blobs come out of and they will explode and stop making more blobs.... yeah it took me a while to get that down since my cross hairs didnt turn red when aimed at them.
    Yeah it took me ages to work that out too!

metro 2033 = stalker for 360... lolz its pretty damn cool.. nice and loooong
    those big black gorilla looking things r just evil tho..
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

im a little confused, im trying to run metro 2033, i have dx11 turned on, running everything on lowest settings, and am still barely scraping 15 fps with an i7 and a 560, whats going on?
    Not dead yet

Sounds like a driver problem. Do you have the latest nVidia drivers installed?
    --Benjamin Franklin