Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do i get a cookie for this?

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: Do i get a cookie for this?

Heheheh, I just had an awesome idea...make a case in the full-plexi style, but use this stuff for the outside panels. Then, as the system temp rises, gradually make the panels more and more transparent.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

100% Recycled Pixels. Twigsoffury's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Heheheh, I just had an awesome idea...make a case in the full-plexi style, but use this stuff for the outside panels. Then, as the system temp rises, gradually make the panels more and more transparent.
    i bet if you talked to spd systems or polyvision tech they'd make a polycarbonate piece for you.

but there is no cutting this, or "making it fit" you gotta order each piece to spec and they do it custom.

So you could probably order ones with 5.25" drive bay holes and fan holes in polycarbonate if you wanted to pay that kind of cash. you can see the film inside, and one end has a big contact looking piece to it. its sandwiched between two other pieces of glass. it's pretty thick. it's also heavy

I'll get good quality pictures next time i'm around it.. but i think bud's bringing his computer over this weekend for a mini lan party.

should be a really one off and semi custom computer when its all up and done. and still look like a old classic computer when its turned off.